• Total voters

yob_yeknom

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Glade Hill, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT & '06 Limited
My tax refund is on it's way and I need to decide how to spend it. Your opinions will help.

#1 Newer Explorer. Been think of selling it and getting a newer one with all the goodies I want and currently don't have. Take everything off Monkey 2 and transfer it to the newer one. Use the refund as a down payment. Save up to put options 2 and 3 on the newer one.

#2 Better sound system. Stock system sucks. Take the money and finish buying the amps, speakers, and subs I need to complete my system. Then I'll finally have a decent system for everyday driving. The refund will completely cover the costs.

#3 Better four wheeler. Swap to 4.10 gears, do the TT/shackles, move up to 33" tires, and install an ARB in the rear. I'd have a much more capable rig for the occasional wheeling trip. The refund won't cover all of it, but will take care of enough that I can cover the rest of the cost if I save a little.

I want all three, but can't decide which is the best to shoot for. What do you guys/gals think?

Re-Finance!!

First thing I'd do is refinance or pay off the balance !!

Then make it a (more) capable off-roader.

It's a good looking truck. Add the "goodies" you want after the 4.10s (or maybe 4.56s) and 33s. You can't go wrong with the ARB.

Paul
'91 Sport

I'm going tomorrow to find out the numbers on a '97 XLT. Loaded with interior goodies (even power passenger seat) and the SOHC engine. We'll see...

Back