What should I pay for a Limited? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What should I pay for a Limited?

If we keep the gooberment out of it, typically supply and demand works very well...

re supply - IIRC I saw a stat where only 7% of the Explorers are sports,
Within a 50 miles radius of the DFW area, I'd guess there are 20 or more HIGH volume dealers and the sports are HARD to find...
and demand - the sports I've seen are usually on the lot for days so there is little incentive to sell them too low...

Now, after getting the wife's Ex, I am searching for a 350 cc platinum diesel and expect 10 to 13k off msrp... just like I got on my 250 lariat...
again, supply and demand here in TexUS - there's lot's of trucks built for our market...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If we keep the gooberment out of it, typically supply and demand works very well...

re supply - IIRC I saw a stat where only 7% of the Explorers are sports,
Within a 50 miles radius of the DFW area, I'd guess there are 20 or more HIGH volume dealers and the sports are HARD to find...
and demand - the sports I've seen are usually on the lot for days so there is little incentive to sell them too low...

Now, after getting the wife's Ex, I am searching for a 350 cc platinum diesel and expect 10 to 13k off msrp... just like I got on my 250 lariat...
again, supply and demand here in TexUS - there's lot's of trucks built for our market...

I would agree JohnBoy and same here in AZ. That's why I am shocked I am having as hard a time finding my Explorer the way I want it or even at all here in the land of the SUV and truck.

Don't forget there's a $750 ford private cash coupon. I just got another coupon a few weeks ago.

The price i'm looking at for my Explorer sport, Ruby Red, 402a, tow package, adaptive cruise.

MSRP 47,920
My price 44341.98
Incentive -2000

Total savings of 5578.02

I could maybe squeeze another 500-700 out of them, but i don't think they'll move much more then that except for additional dealer backed incentives. I also qualify for xplan pricing and after all the math this beats x-plan by 700ish

Hi gang!

A great resource when looking for a new Ford is our Marketing Program Headquarters. They can send you brochures, fill you in on all available incentives/rebates, locate your perfect vehicle, and more. Give them a call at 1-800-334-4375. If you're on Twitter, you can reach out to my colleagues there (@FordService) and they'll help you out as well.

Thanks!

Crystal

I paid $42,700 out the door (TTL included) for a 2013 Sport....MSRP $49, 945. I did have a $3500 trade.

I see you are in NoVA, check out Koons Ford in Silver Spring...beat everyone's price. I contact Ted Britt in NoVA and they didn't even want to hardly come off of MSRP???

The price i'm looking at for my Explorer sport, Ruby Red, 402a, tow package, adaptive cruise.

MSRP 47,920
My price 44341.98
Incentive -2000

Total savings of 5578.02

I could maybe squeeze another 500-700 out of them, but i don't think they'll move much more then that except for additional dealer backed incentives. I also qualify for xplan pricing and after all the math this beats x-plan by 700ish

I paid $42,700 out the door (TTL included) for a 2013 Sport....MSRP $49, 945. I did have a $3500 trade.

I see you are in NoVA, check out Koons Ford in Silver Spring...beat everyone's price. I contact Ted Britt in NoVA and they didn't even want to hardly come off of MSRP???

I see you went right on by Sheehy Ford to Silver Spring. They wanted 50K otd for a SPORT!

Eddie

How does one get one of those?

I've been told that you need to request a brochure from ford and hope they include one with it. Sounds like it can be hit or miss...

Just a quick update, I requested a brochure by mail and then also online last week and today I got an email with the $750 private cash. Says must take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 6/3/13. Hoping my car gets in by then, anyone else know if the dealer has any flexibility if my car isn't in by then when i ordered it at the end of March.

Yep, test drove at Sheehy but they didnt get close to Koons #...

I see you went right on by Sheehy Ford to Silver Spring. They wanted 50K otd for a SPORT!

Eddie

This probably shouldn't be my first post here, but I took delivery of my 2013 Sport on Saturday. It stickered at $47,970 and I paid $42,695 before my trade. I also got them to throw in a set of the all weather mats. Hopefully this info may help someone. I looked all over the place when doing homework before our purchase. I ended up paying a few hundred bucks under the Edmunds "fair purchase price" plus the mats. This was also quite a bit lower than my x-plan pricing.

On a side note, this thing is pretty awesome so far. I've had some issues with the Sync and MFT already, but other than that we are pretty happy.

I'm in DE and Koons (Sterling) and Ted Britt (Chantilly) annihilated every other dealer with a 302a Limited (Black or Tri-Whi-Plat) in PA, DE, NJ, MD, and NoVA. Ultimately, Ted Britt was willing to eat $500 more just to beat Koons. This was the last day before the end of the first quarter ;).

Tux Black Metallic 2013 Limited 302a, moonroof, polished, towing, all-weather mats
MSRP: $49,430
Price: $43,117 (no trade)
Incentives: -$2750
Subtotal: $40,367
After TTL: $42,776

I highly recommend Dario Beltran (mgr) and Lila Pezeshkian (sales) at Ted Britt and Richard "Ricky" Piland (sales) at Koons. All knew a knowledgeable customer when they heard one and worked to win my business. No games; I think we arrived by 9:00AM and were out by 11:15AM.

2013 Ruby Red Metallic Explorer Sport

402A, Adaptive Cruise, Trailer Tow package

MSRP: $47,920
Price: $44,341.98 (no trade)
Subtotal: $41,591.98
OTD After TTL: $ 43,568.32

I found this to be a pretty good price since I live in Northern Virginia where prices are normally always on the very high side.

2013 Ruby Red Metallic Explorer Sport

402A, Adaptive Cruise, Trailer Tow package

MSRP: $47,920
Price: $44,341.98 (no trade)
Subtotal: $41,591.98
OTD After TTL: $ 43,568.32

I found this to be a pretty good price since I live in Northern Virginia where prices are normally always on the very high side.
A 2014 Sport equipped as you indicated comes to the same price $47,920 but the only packages are 400A and 401A. No incentives are shown. The Canadian site still shows the 2013 and a similarly equipped Sport comes to $51,427. Our Ford website is always weeks or more behind yours.
Looks like you did well. Enjoy.:thumbsup:

Peter

This probably shouldn't be my first post here, but I took delivery of my 2013 Sport on Saturday. It stickered at $47,970 and I paid $42,695 before my trade. I also got them to throw in a set of the all weather mats. Hopefully this info may help someone. I looked all over the place when doing homework before our purchase. I ended up paying a few hundred bucks under the Edmunds "fair purchase price" plus the mats. This was also quite a bit lower than my x-plan pricing.

On a side note, this thing is pretty awesome so far. I've had some issues with the Sync and MFT already, but other than that we are pretty happy.
Welcome to the Forum Wibb.:wavey:
Congratulations on your new ride. I probably would have chosen to get the splash guards thrown in and installed instead of the all weather mats. I did that and then bought the Husky mats.
Happy motoring.:thumbsup:

Peter

:thumbsup:
I'm in DE and Koons (Sterling) and Ted Britt (Chantilly) annihilated every other dealer with a 302a Limited (Black or Tri-Whi-Plat) in PA, DE, NJ, MD, and NoVA. Ultimately, Ted Britt was willing to eat $500 more just to beat Koons. This was the last day before the end of the first quarter ;).

Tux Black Metallic 2013 Limited 302a, moonroof, polished, towing, all-weather mats
MSRP: $49,430
Price: $43,117 (no trade)
Subtotal: $40,367
After TTL: $42,776

I highly recommend Dario Beltran (mgr) and Lila Pezeshkian (sales) at Ted Britt and Richard "Ricky" Piland (sales) at Koons. All knew a knowledgeable customer when they heard one and worked to win my business. No games; I think we arrived by 9:00AM and were out by 11:15AM.
Welcome to the Forum Merconium.:wavey:
Hope you are enjoying your new Explorer. I have had mine just over 2 years and still enjoy it. To help members address any future concerns you may have, it would be helpful if you added you model and year to your profile so that it shows in the left margin where your name is. Not all models are the same. Happy motoring.

Peter

A 2014 Sport equipped as you indicated comes to the same price $47,920 but the only packages are 400A and 401A. No incentives are shown. The Canadian site still shows the 2013 and a similarly equipped Sport comes to $51,427. Our Ford website is always weeks or more behind yours.
Looks like you did well. Enjoy.:thumbsup:

Peter

When I looked after building mine, the 2014 changed the package numbers for some reason...but i believe 402a is now the same as 401a and the incentives for the 2014 are going to be less i heard.

I plan on keeping the vehicle for 7-10 years so i had no reason to even wait for a 2014 and decided that saving now is better then hoping/waiting for deals later.

The best part about the price was, i didn't even haggle at all. I went through usaa's car buying service and was contacted by the internet sales manager and he offered a price that was almost 500 below the USAA / Zag price. Didn't try to bring him down since i was happy with that and figure he has to make a living.

Enjoying the "car" so far, though it doesn't feel as fast as I remember.

I will let you suckers pay that much for a new explorer and next year, when you get tired of it, I'll buy it for 27,000 lol (no offense). I bought a 2011 Limited in October 2012 for that price. 26,000 miles, but drives and smells brand new with a couple of scratches that i buffed out myself. Bought the best ESP and have enjoyed brand new car treatment at the dealer when I have a concern. (the same concerns you have for a brand new one) Buy a used one the way you want it and take your wife out for a steak every week with the difference in car payments.

I will let you suckers pay that much for a new explorer and next year, when you get tired of it, I'll buy it for 27,000 lol (no offense). I bought a 2011 Limited in October 2012 for that price. 26,000 miles, but drives and smells brand new with a couple of scratches that i buffed out myself. Bought the best ESP and have enjoyed brand new car treatment at the dealer when I have a concern. (the same concerns you have for a brand new one) Buy a used one the way you want it and take your wife out for a steak every week with the difference in car payments.

um, ok.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back