• Register Today It's free!

what to do with body lift

bgoehring

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT
i have a 96 xlt with tt, rearched springs with 32s i like the look, but im craving a little more lift, what would you suggest a 2" bl or a 3" bl i want to keep my 32s because they are brand new, i just dont know if it would look good, or if my tires would look to small what do you think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I plan to do a 2" BL and run 31" tires on my '96. But, it's your truck. I think the 2" BL with 32" tires would look good.

My $0.02 - Dave.

check out my truck in the before/after forum. I just installed my 3" lift on 32's last week. I was thinking that I might need 33's too, but I think it looks pretty good right now. I have tt/war/aal/3"bl. just got my 32's recently also, and was deciding on the 2" or 3". I decided to go with the 3", and if I ever wanted to drop it 1", I could just take out my aal. Tell me what you think ...I've been wondering if 32's really do look dinky on my ride...

hey cifer i tried to look at your pics of your truck but it says the page in unavailable

Here is my truck with TT/AAL/Shackles and 32s
Dead Link Removed

I decided to go with a 3" body lift because I wanted to run 33s after the 32s were worn or sold.

Here it is with TT/Shackles/AAL/3" BL and 32s
Dead Link Removed

That looked fine, but after a while it was really starting to feel stock again. So I got some 33s (and new wheels)
Dead Link Removed

So I say go with a 3" BL cause you'll probably want to run larger tires eventually! :D

I agree with section525, go with the 3" BL. You will be happy you did it.

i agree.. go with the 3".... i just put a 3" on my yota.... not that hard to do, just have to pay attention to the details like extending lines and such

thanks for the replies, how long do you think it should take to install a body lift

Are you a V6? Probably about 8 hrs. Where in CA are you?

bgoehring said:
hey cifer i tried to look at your pics of your truck but it says the page in unavailable

the links don't work if you click on them. You have to copy the url and paste into a new browser to view them. Unfortunately, geocities doesn't allow you to view images from outside domains.

yeah i have the v6 im located in bakersfield

i have a 96 xlt with tt, rearched springs with 32s i like the look, but im craving a little more lift, what would you suggest a 2" bl or a 3" bl i want to keep my 32s because they are brand new, i just dont know if it would look good, or if my tires would look to small what do you think?

I think I would look great, I have 2" TT, long shackles in the rear, and a 2" Body Lift. I´m rolling on 31s but I will install 32x11,5x15.
My only doubt is if I will have to trim a little
regards

Back