What to use to clean door panels? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What to use to clean door panels?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I always use warm soapy water with a verry fine Scotch Brite pad to clean up my armrests and such. But make sure you use the finest Scotch Brite pad you can find or else it might scratch it.

Like Joe said, use soap and water. I don't know if you need the Scotch brite, maybe just a rag.

The biggest thing is stay away from products that are a oil base.

i don't know how dirty is really dirty to you..
but when mine got dirty i used formula 409 i believe...worked good.
used a soft brush too...like a carpet brush used to get out stains...

good luck

I used to use the hose and a towel. Soak up the door panel real good and then scrub real hard with the towel. It always got all those little cracks from being black to being brown again. The the carpet down low would get wet so I would use the wet vac and some 409 and that would clean that out really well. 409 and water and a wet vac do wonders for the carpet too.

Simple Green .

and a carpet brush add about 10 min. and they'll look like new , smelll good too .:D

after i had some work done to my truck, the mechanics got some grime on the armrests, and i just used some diluted simple green, let it sit for about 5 minutes, and it was as good as new.

Back