What was every single option that was offered from the Factory in a Gen 3? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What was every single option that was offered from the Factory in a Gen 3?

Huntsman06

Reaction score
City, State
UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004, Explorer XLT
So I've been on this kick making my Explorer into the most decked out model that could have rolled out of the factory back in the day. Now it's an XLT, so I know there are some additional premiums that would have been only offered on only EB or Limited models & there are some upgrades I simply refuse to do (automatic climate controls, for instance. possible, but PITA. Gotta draw the line somewhere). So, has anyone ever come across (basically) some kind of old catalog for the Gen 3s that listed everything that was offered with the truck? It's normal to find such documents for the latest models if you look far enough in the fine print but, obviously, ford doesn't have such available for a vehicle as old as mine anymore.

The obvious ones I've come across are mostly interior stuff.

-Smokers Package
-Homelink Garage Opener
-Stereo (lots of versions to pick from)
-Wheels
-Rear DVD player (very dependant on the radio)
-Stereo Wheel Controls
-Climate Controls
-Backup Sensor
-Power/Heated Mirrors
-Sunroof (Can't really remove or add this, but it still counts)
-Pedal Adjust
-Engine (probably the most important option of all)

I'm especially curious about the seat configuration. Coming from a 1998 Tacoma, I was taught to believe one only needs 2 doors and 2 [bucket] seats. Explorers aren't going to be that way, but I would totally convert my back seats into the minimum number of seat configuration--but, again, I cannot find good evidence about what was originally an option in a 2004 XLT.

Back