• Register Today It's free!

WHAT will a 4" fit

B-MAN

Reaction score
City, State
Chico,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 EB
I am planning on getting the 4'(superlift) but I wanted to fit 33's. Some people have told me that 33's would fit and others said I would be lucky to get 32's. Should I get a 2"body lift on top of the suspension just in case?
I am also wondering is the 5.5"(superlift) the way to go.But how much more is it than the 4"?.
Any help would be great.

I always go by the saying " Bigger is Better." If you're going to get a lift you might as well get a 5.5" lift. If you're going to get a body lift you might as well get a 3" body lift. That is just my opinion. As for the tires, I think 33s will fit, but I don't know from experience, if you know what I mean.

------------------
If everybody is different, how can anyone be normal?

91 Explorer XLT
4.0L OHV V6

I am running LT315/70s which are slightly bigger than 33s on my 92 with a 2" body lift, and a 2.5" suspension. I have howver had to trim the fenders pretty significantly in order to eliminate tire rub while at compression.

You can do it, just be prepared for some tirmming. As far as how I did my trimming and made it look good, when I am finished I am planning to send pictures to rick, since it was an easy little mod that helps quite a bit.
Mat

------------------
1992 Ford Explorer XLT
Interested in trucks..?
Me too. Check out my web page.
MatnChad.com
www.matnchad.com

I have a total of 7" of lift. (3" body, 4" suspension.) and I had to trim my fenders to fit 33" tires. check out the pics at Dead Link Removed and let me know what you think!

------------------
Happy Trails!
'93 XLT
Many Mod's
http://members.efortress.com/swankmi/

Back