What's the difference between a normal Ford Explorer Sport, and a Sport XLT? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's the difference between a normal Ford Explorer Sport, and a Sport XLT?

Todd82TA

Reaction score
City, State
South Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport 4x2
Hey guys,

I'm just curious. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between a 2002 Explorer Sport, and a 2002 Explorer Sport XLT? My Explorer seems to be pretty well appointed. Other than the sunroof, 4x4, and leather seats, I basically have every other option... including the rear A/C controls, the Pioneer 6-Disc CD changer head unit with the rear controls, fog lamps, the weird tow hook loops in the front, the rear trailer hitch wiring, blah blah...

Just curious what I'm missing...

Thanks!!!

Todd,
2002 Ford Explorer Sport

I am not sure of the differences between 01' and '02. I have a brochure on my '01. I wouldn't think much. But the only other options are the high back front seats, that include side air bags. And they came with 3.73 gears or option of 4.10.

I am not sure of the differences between 01' and '02. I have a brochure on my '01. I wouldn't think much. But the only other options are the high back front seats, that include side air bags. And they came with 3.73 gears or option of 4.10.

Hmm... ok, I didn't know about the side air bags.

I have 3.73:1 gears, but they're UNLIMITED slip... hahah...

There was also a random "Premium Sport Package" as well that was not "badged"

Back