• Register Today It's free!

What's Your Excuse!!

DominicanX

Reaction score
City, State
Fairfax, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Sport
This is not only limited to 2Gen owners. Just posted here because it's what I own. Moderators: If there is a better forum for this, please move.

I'm frustrated for the simple fact, I can not find the time to complete projects. For what ever reason, i just can't get to it. What is your reason for not completing your projects?

My projects: 1) Re-charge and reinstall batteries. 2) Mount external airtank and route lines to on-board compressor. 3) Rock Sliders. 4) Install battery voltage meters and Isolater on/off cabin switch.

Why I can't get to them: 1) Money: just bought engagement ring... 2) Time: Grad school group projects (hate these!) 3) Time: Deliverable dealines at work. 4) Time: Just don't have time!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i dont have a good one, im just lazy lol

I'm lazy and have the attention span of a squirrel

when ever i really nneed to get something done its either dark, raining or both and we still do it and need to redo it the next day

I'm a full-time single parent with three little boys, I work and go to school full-time. Plus, I have so many other people's projects lined up...

Also, it is cold outside... and my cat REALLY likes to sit with me on the sofa.

Either way, I have a stack of parts ready to go into my truck that could probably take me a week of afternoons even without having to watch kids. I can't even use my bedroom for all the things I have stored in it.

Wife kids just moved in November then all the holidays then pita side jobs then we all got the flu then a stomach virus then crappy weather. But I did spend some time on two of my sploders yesterday

Its cold, Im lazy, my wife is demanding, work gets in the way, other projects keep me busy.

My drinking doesn't help my productivity either. :D

My F150 doesn't fit in the garage, and it's cold so really, who wants to change shocks in a snow covered gravel driveway? Though, that really doesn't excuse the fact that I should have changed the air filter 10k ago and it's still sitting in the back of the cab... Eh, I'll get around to it sometime :D

Oops, I think I may have unintentionally started a explorerforum support group.:chug::popcorn:

Another reason: My commute just tripled in length, so it's no longer a choice for a daily driver. That job now goes to the 1993 Mercury Sable. Only 49,000 miles on it!

Time and money, or the lack thereof. Plus its cold. And other projects keep gettin in the way. One of theses days all of us will get our to-do list finished :D

I have a very good excuse at the moment. I work 2 jobs, and I am a full time student. Plus it is too cold up here to want to work outside.

It's still raining and I have bursitis in my shoulder.

its been freezing outside, I have too many parts sitting around my house. The only time i could change my oil was after a snow storm...

well, mine is still being worked on, there is a reason is hasnt been finished and its turned into a 2 year project...
I have the "attention span of a squirrel" syndrome, and everytime im about to get done with one thing, i decide, "that would be a cool mod" and start on a diffrent project on the same truck..
Now the reason this pig isnt driveable yet is because saturday when i was suppost to put it on the trailer to take it to the driveshaft shop, i got an ideah!!
so instead of getting it to the driveshaft shop and getting it driveable, i put on some red lights of DOOM!!

20130221_204712_zps388a8067.jpg

But now i can start the truck and jam the radio and stare at my red lights of doom!!! i just cant go nowhere... :(

Why I can't get to them: Money: just bought engagement ring... Time: I have to walk my dog when i get home and feed him and the cat then its dark, Time: make dinner. Time: Just don't have time!!!!

I'm lazy and have the attention span of a squirrel

Right now, mainly because I have other things I should be doing and I feel guilty

As well as these

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

all i got done this winter was brush guard and added led light bar

IMG_4087_zps30f1e07a.jpg

Back