Wheel Choices Alloy - Chrome vs Polished vs Painted | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheel Choices Alloy - Chrome vs Polished vs Painted

Just wondering what people perfer and why?

Based on the bling bling look, I'm like chrome the best.

I've never had painted rims, but I have had polished and chrome. The polished and chrome but ran neck and neck with me until a few years later when the polished onee started to dull. I love to detail my car but hated polishing and buffing my wheels.

Chrome is beautiful until you get that first chip though.

i have polished rims on mine, first week i got them i went to the car wash and used the brush on them, the brush ended up scuffing the hell out of every rim, i have polished and polished them sense and cant get rid of the marks, i love how they look, but to much maintaining to be done. shoulda got steel rims so i dont care so much

I like polished alloy. Its not too flashy. But then again flashiness has a lot to do with the design of the wheel. The deciding factor for me is the price. I'd rather get a so-so 20 inch wheel set for under 1 grand (used) than pay over 2 grand for a nice new set.

Polished alloys with a clear coat are my choice. Very easy to clean; just wipe them off with a soapy sponge and then rinse.

Back