Wheel well liners! any ideas? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wheel well liners! any ideas?

Reaction score
City, State
Morganton, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Explorer Eddie Bauer
i take my stock 99 explorer and do trail riding and light to medium off raoding an d mudding and so far its been good except tht the wheel wells are open and the mud gets all in the bumpers and everywhere. my friends 04 sport trac has a plastic liner tht close in the wheel well, my question is can i get somthing like this for my truck, or make one?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i take my stock 99 explorer and do trail riding and light to medium off raoding an d mudding and so far its been good except tht the wheel wells are open and the mud gets all in the bumpers and everywhere. my friends 04 sport trac has a plastic liner tht close in the wheel well, my question is can i get somthing like this for my truck, or make one?

Maybe cut some out of old rubber floor mats.

Napa has some rolls of rubber with different thickness's. I would get some of that and cut to fit. I did it for my old pathfinder but not my X

i just posted this the other day i tore mine in half while changing my shocks and i found some old rubber in my garage its heavy duty i took the old one i tore in half and traced it exactly went to autozone and bought the push in plastic rivets for ford and it works good so far... i was thinking of helping some guys out by making cardboard templates if they dont have the originals to trace i found it hard to find anything on replacements...but you can prob figure out the dimensions by eye...zonianbrat is right just get some rubber and start hackin good luck

I purchased replacements from Ford. If anyone wants part no's I can look for the receipt.

+1 on dealer. about 50 bucks for the sport

Back