When I buy 17s, what exact size, and offset should I run?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

When I buy 17s, what exact size, and offset should I run??

Im looking at 17 inch mustang bullit wheel replicas in chrome, they are 17X8 with a 30 MM offset, 5X4.5 bolt pattern, will I have problems with these wheels rubbing or anything.

come on guys I need some help

You should not have any problems running those rims/tires because I have heard of other guys on the board running the same rims on their explorers. If you are still wondering, just test fit them, if you have to use wheel spacers, then use them. Just my thoughts though...

I would check the 17x8 before trying to put them on. I waas running a set of SVT 17x8 Cobra wheels before my R's. I had to remove the dust cap, and trim on the shaft to get them to fit. You also have to run spacers. Some here have not had any problems with spacers, but I personally will never use them again.

But as for a tire, I run 255/60 on mine. I think most of us are either running 255/60, or 275/60 - with little or no rubbing. About the only time it will rub is at full turn.

Hope this helps you...

My explorer doesnt have the big old dust caps, its a AWD, and it doesnt have the dust cap, Like I have a 96 ranger too, with 17 inch mustang wheels, and you cant run cobra wheels without a spacer, but you can run the Tri-star mustang wheels without a spacer, cause it has a big old dust cap on it, but its not like that on my explorer. Im just worried about the 30 MM offset?

Back