Where can I buy these for my 04 Explorer? What are they called? Rocker Paneling? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where can I buy these for my 04 Explorer? What are they called? Rocker Paneling?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

+1

i have a 2004 XLT but it didnt come with any of that plastic on the bottom of the door or around the wheel wells...i would definitely like it though

They're called running boards -- get them at ford, parts houses, or wrecking yards maybe.

Not the running boards. The cladding on the doors

The op said 'rocker panel area'. The area above it is part of the door. Maybe you two are talking about two different things

You are correct haha I apologize. I read it quick and looked at the picture and said to myself that's what my truck is missing

No Problem :)

In order to add the trim pieces you'd have to drill into the body panels the whole length of the car. These holes accept the attachment pieces that slip into the back of the trim.

If you really want them, your cheapest route would be a wrecking yard. You could also then make a template of the wholes. Bring some construction paper. Or the stuff at the center of wrapping paper.

I also came across a site where there was anl product where you laid it over the top and the backing had adhesives for it to stick. Does that make sense? I can't seem to find the link now.

Back