Where is that vacuum line? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where is that vacuum line?

niceguy

Reaction score
I'm almost done putting the top end back together on my '94 4.0 (see "any caveats before I pull the heads" thread), but I seem to be missing a vacuum line/connection or two (drat!).

I think it's the EGR valve. It's on the driver's side of the intake manifold, right under where the throttle and cruise control cables clip to the top of the intake. It has a 3" round disk (diaphram?) with a vacuum hose connection towards the bottom on the side towards the firewall, and a large pipe coming from the bottom that goes to the exhaust pipe below.

Can someone with a '94 tell me where that vacuum line is routed to? I don't have any extra hoses hanging around in the engine bay, but I DO have an extra port on the vacuum "octopus" at the rear of the intake that obviously had something on it before I took everything apart. It appears that those two items may go together, but I'm not sure.

Any of you guys live in Fort Worth that would let me peek under your hood to make sure I've got everything hooked back up right?

Thanks!

Michael

Back