One stop shopping? (brakes and lockers) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

One stop shopping? (brakes and lockers)

SavaX

Reaction score
City, State
Chico, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 V6 Mountaineer
Hey everyone,

So I got my new tstat and temp switch installed over the weekend, radiator is flushed and my '91 is running cool as a cucumber. Next up is new front pads and rotors, and I figured while I've got everything torn apart it would be good to upgrade to those WARN locking hubs I keep reading about.

I wanted to get some really good pads and rotors (EBC or something similar) and the hubs at the same time. Where is a good place to get all this at once for a decent price? This is next step on the long list to get the Exploder road/trail worthy. Thanks everyone.
:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One stop shopping?

Hey everyone,

...Where is a good place to get all this at once for a decent price?:salute:

The Best price I found for my Hubs was online through Streetside Auto but I don't think I will ever use them again... They screwed me out of a good bit of money when I returned some other items, saying they did not recieve all of the parts... What a shame, spent about $3K with them and over $75 I won't be ordering any of the many parts I still need...

Rotors, pads and calipers I ordered locally but they are not top of the line...

Attachments

• driver side shock web.jpg
    driver side shock web.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 150

What a shame, spent about $3K with them and over $75 I won't be ordering any of the many parts I still need...
That sucks, and here they are losing a referral because of it. :thumbdwn:

My local parts stores (Autozone and Kragen) want too much for the hubs...over $200. I've seen them online for around $175, I was just hoping I could get all my stuff at once and was also wondering what places to avoid.

Welp I've decided to just order the hubs from 4wheelparts.com. Everything comes to $230 shipped, I can probably find it cheaper but I'm still saving $ over ordering it from my local parts store.

The brakes I'm going to settle with whatever Kragen has in stock. This way I can tear down the brakes and take them in with me to make sure I'm getting the right parts.

Back