Where is the gem on a 02 explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where is the gem on a 02 explorer?

DRIVE 2 EXPLORE

Reaction score
City, State
Hudson NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer XLT
Help! I have a 2002 Explorer xlt with a DOM of 4/02. I lost all gauges, power windows, dome lights, radio, ect. I think the issue is the GEM, does anyone know where this is located in the dash? I have already checked fuses and relays, all are good. Also, I had a friend hookup a Snap On scannner, and he said the module was not responding, so that helps point me toward the GEM, now I just have to find it.

I am not certain on the explorers but are usually on the back side of the fuse/relay panel

i thought it was the same module with the door code on it. Body Control Module, should be the Passenger 'C' pillar half way down. If you search on how to find a door unlock code or something similar you should find some post with pics.

i thought it was the same module with the door code on it. Body Control Module, should be the Passenger 'C' pillar half way down. If you search on how to find a door unlock code or something similar you should find some post with pics.

This is the RAP module

Back