• Register Today It's free!

Where to buy front wheel bearings

uh60james

Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport (Dora), '06 XLT
Does anyone know of a store that sells the front wheel bearings without having to buy a new hub assembly?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not that I know of. You will need a decent sized press to get them out/in. The inner bearing is a Timken JRM4549ES not sure of the outer. (I have a toasted hub assy sitting next to my desk that I replaced)

I got a new hub assy from an ebay seller for $70 shipped. I was kind of skeptical for it quality wise, but it came with a lifetime warranty, so we'll see how long it lasts. I plan on swapping to a solid axle in the next year or so, so I just wanted to get the explorer up and running as cheap as possible.

I've got that same assembly you speak of, It's been on for about two months. I've noticed a light roar but I can't tell if it's coming from the other side or if it's the same hub assembly. Otherwise excellent quality!

Thanks for the asnwers, the bearings were for sale on advance auto parts website but they disspeared when they updated there website. I will have to keep looking.

I'm told the factroy bearing are tapered bearing haven't taken any apart. I found some of the aftermarket hubs are ball bearing maybe thats way they take a crap faster over the OEM parts

I just went out an pressed the bearings out of my old factory wheel bearing. The outer bearing is tapered, inner one is not. Also, the reason it is sold as a set is because the outer tapered bearings roll directly on the triangular mount that bolts to the spindle.

Back