Which is the best year | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which is the best year

Welcome to the Forum Jerry.:wave:
Your thread has been merged with this one. The Limited is not available with the same engine as the Sport. The 2016/17 Platinum does.
As far as the lease goes, you do have the option of paying the total lease cost up front but not at the end.:) I'm on my 7th lease looking ahead to #8.
One thing you can do is just browse through the threads to get some ideas of what the main issues are and what some members think about their Explorers.
Happy shopping.:thumbsup:

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Jerry.:wave:
Your thread has been merged with this one. The Limited is not available with the same engine as the Sport. The 2016/17 Platinum does.
As far as the lease goes, you do have the option of paying the total lease cost up front but not at the end.:) I'm on my 7th lease looking ahead to #8.
One thing you can do is just browse through the threads to get some ideas of what the main issues are and what some members think about their Explorers.
Happy shopping.:thumbsup:

Peter
Thank you! I understand the lease rules, but that is what the dealer put on the paper. one payments due, but no date except 36 months from start date. Anyway, I let them take it back..... I'm sure if one of there other clients came back after the fact and complained about the deal they would let them out of the contract too... sarcasm off :)

Anyway, the sport has the 3.5 turbo, what els makes up the "Sport". Are the struts just stiffer??

Thanks

J

Thank you! I understand the lease rules, but that is what the dealer put on the paper. one payments due, but no date except 36 months from start date. Anyway, I let them take it back..... I'm sure if one of there other clients came back after the fact and complained about the deal they would let them out of the contract too... sarcasm off :)

Anyway, the sport has the 3.5 turbo, what els makes up the "Sport". Are the struts just stiffer??

Thanks

J
Using the Forum's 'Search' feature (upper right) I found the following thread. Check out the link in one of the posts and it will go into a bit more detail.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...vs-platinum-suspension-any-difference.442896/

Peter

Thanks

J
The sport is 20mm lower than other trims, has a strut brace in the engine compartment, and has a slightly more nimble steering ratio. The sport suspension is still independent but stiffer. But more important than all of that, interior has no wood!

Back