which wheels to go with... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

which wheels to go with...

Alright, I am on the internet right now (obviously) and I am buying new wheels and tires. I just bought the tires, 33" mud grips, and then I wanted to double check the bolt pattern to make sure I didnt buy the wrong wheels when I stumbled across offset and backspacing articles. I understand both, but here is my question... Which is better 15x10 with 4" backspacing or 15x8 with 3.75"? everyone seems to think the 3.75 is the way to go, and I want my tires out there, even with my fenders if not a little past my fenders, but summit doesnt have the 10" with the 3.75 backspacing. Lemme know what you guys think, you always know what to do!! Thanks.

Also, making sure, 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

5 on 4.5 yes..

15x8 with 3.75 yes..

15x8 3.75bs....Thats what im running and I was also wanting my truck tires to stick out and they do.

yep...i've got a set of 15X8 with 3.75" bs, with 32x11.50 at's on them the front tires stick out 2.75" from the fender.

LBarr2002 said:
yep...i've got a set of 15X8 with 3.75" bs, with 32x11.50 at's on them the front tires stick out 2.75" from the fender.

pics ?

not yet...i've got spring spacers and gonna get shackles to lift it a little, then put 31x10.50's on those rims. But, I'm in school, my truck is at home...so it'll be a little while.

15x8 3.75 backspacing:

464729_152_full.jpg

-Drew

15x10 3.75 BS 33x12.5 BFG TA KOs (IMO 4.0-4.25 would be better w/15x10s)
182052005_Jamboree_02_WEB-med.jpg

well, I went with 15x10s. I think it will be alright it with 4" backspacing. I saw another guys sport with the 15x10s and it was incredible, so it convinced me. Also on aonther note, will the center cap from the stock rims work on the new rims? I kinda like my old ones with ford on it and didnt feel like spending the extra money on new center caps. But I guess it I have to I will...

what lift you got ?

shackles, TT, and 3" body.

Back