Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Ruff Wheels

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

bodybump

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 FORD EXPLORER
Tried to photoshop some wheels and i was thinking either of the two...which one you think is best?? Looking for 20 inch...

Attachments

• DSC_5803.jpg
    DSC_5803.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 784
  • DSC_5803-2.jpg
    DSC_5803-2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 583

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Okay, I've been looking at this now for about five minutes. Here is my take.

1) Nice photoshop skills!

2) I just traded in a blacked out Tundra, wheels and all. While it's pretty bad ass, it gets old. I caught myself looking at machined wheels or wheels that at least had silver accents.

3) I think in the "long run" the silver machined will not get as old. Black wheels are a bit played out. I say that even though I just did it knowing so.

4) That said, not sure if those are the wheels for me. I like the look of the Ex, but I don't like looking directly at the wheel. Does that make any sense at all?

Of course it's all personal preference and it's your ride. You can't go wrong either way honestly. I just like seeing someone modding out their Ex! I'm so used to owning vehicles that everyone and their mother mods, I'm having a bit of withdrawals and am scouring craigslist for something I can pick up as a project.

Good luck!!

Okay, I've been looking at this now for about five minutes. Here is my take.

1) Nice photoshop skills!

2) I just traded in a blacked out Tundra, wheels and all. While it's pretty bad ass, it gets old. I caught myself looking at machined wheels or wheels that at least had silver accents.

3) I think in the "long run" the silver machined will not get as old. Black wheels are a bit played out. I say that even though I just did it knowing so.

4) That said, not sure if those are the wheels for me. I like the look of the Ex, but I don't like looking directly at the wheel. Does that make any sense at all?

Of course it's all personal preference and it's your ride. You can't go wrong either way honestly. I just like seeing someone modding out their Ex! I'm so used to owning vehicles that everyone and their mother mods, I'm having a bit of withdrawals and am scouring craigslist for something I can pick up as a project.

Good luck!!

Thanks so much for your comment...i think your are right about it...i was looking at a machined face with black window wheel at first but this one then gives it a more killer look...i was looking at a wheel with a lip on it but maybe its not a good idea for SUV im affraid of hitting a pot hole and damaging the lip...but thank you i will try to see more wheels out there...its just to many...LOL....

You got me thinking and Fuel Wheels are some of my favorites. Didn't know if they fit on the Explorer, but they do! Here is a link to their Configurator. They are designed for off road vehicles, but they are DAMN nice and may give you some more ideas. I dig the Dune machined or maybe the Maverick? They have some very deep dish wheels but don't know I can see that on the Expy. They have other wheel lines as well.

http://mhtwheels.com/iconfigurator/?ky=5487!$@fuel567!

Good luck, shopping for wheels is both fun and annoying. Hahaha!! :)

(on one of the configs, you can add a six inch lift to the Expy. *****in' ;) )

Here are more options to annoy you with... :D

http://www.rimzoneonline.com/parent_category/WHLS/Wheels/

Obviously I voted for the Brooklands. Haha. :)

Back