Who's in NJ? Where? | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who's in NJ? Where?

I don't know about anyone else, but Sundays no good for me. Holiday stuff with the family. If Sunday works for everyone else, no problem. I'll make it next time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not so sure about sunday either even though having a guide like that would be really cool. Is the guide you were planning to bring for saturday still acceptable?

I could try for sunday if it is really necessary tho.

Sunday ain't that good for me. Definitely prefer Saturday.

That's good. I"m lookin forward to meeting all of you. Are we figuring about 9 at the Pic?

Ok then. btw figured I would throw this out there as well. I was cleaning out my garage this weekend and came across a set of tire chains for my dad's old ranger. He's looking to sell them for 50 bucks if anyone is interested. They were barely used and will fit on most trucks, shouldnt be used on fwd vehicles tho. And yes thy are still legal in nj :)

And yup i guess it's saturday at 9 at the pic. Everyone good for that?

That's good. I"m lookin forward to meeting all of you. Are we figuring about 9 at the Pic?

Then we can finish the day and eat at the Pic. They have the best wings everrrrrr

Forget the wings, the BBQ sampler is amazing!

Fake edit: Can we do 10 or 10:30AM? I forgot I have an hour drive and some of the other people coming w/ are from up north too so its a hike for us non-south jersey'ers :)

10 would work for me, and wings sound damn good:thumbsup:

Any time works for me, I'm barely 15 minutes from there. 10 works.

Ok, so the new meeting time at the Pic-A-Lilli will be 10:30am. Please make sure you stop at the Wawa or Citgo Gas Station on 206 that has the large Gorilla and electronic sign for drinks & snacks, as we will be going from the Pic to the entrance at the Rangers station.

Those of you getting gas, the Citgo with the electronic sign is very expensive but it is 100% american owned (My friend Larry V. owns it) so if you need cheap gas, hit the wawa on 70 or other areas, as the Citgo closest to the Pic will easily be 25c higher than anywhere else.

Long as there's some cold brews at the end im happy!

Plenty of that to go along with the good food!

Excellent. So deepfry if we want to get there around 10-10:30 i would say we should meet up at the mcdonalds in boonton around 8 or so. Should take about 2hrs for us to get down there if traffic isn't too bad.

Everyone's vehicles prepared? vent tubes exc?

Excellent. So deepfry if we want to get there around 10-10:30 i would say we should meet up at the mcdonalds in boonton around 8 or so. Should take about 2hrs for us to get down there if traffic isn't too bad.

Everyone's vehicles prepared? vent tubes exc?

I hit the trails late Saturday night. Trails have recently been regraded.

I have extra two way radios but if everyone can, please bring one as cell service is far and between once we get into the heart of it so no one gets left behind.

I hit the trails late Saturday night. Trails have recently been regraded.

I have extra two way radios but if everyone can, please bring one as cell service is far and between once we get into the heart of it so no one gets left behind.

I have a set as well in case someone needs one.

Also, PSA: ONE AT A TIME ON THE BRIDGES. - they will not support more than 2 vehicles and please wait until the truck in front of you has cleared the water crossing / hole you are about to go through, because if that person gets stuck and then you follow up behind, you get stuck and then there is a possibility of a collision.

These are just some of the guidelines that my group follows when we hit the trails. I just want everyone to be safe.

Yea mine will be ready. I get off this floating hellhole at midnight then have 4 days to prep.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back