Why the hell does this thing go in and out of limp mode!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why the hell does this thing go in and out of limp mode!!

JawzSS

Reaction score
City, State
Delaware
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Mountaineer
ok this is really starting to piss me off, my mountaineer (04 v8) has spells where it goes in and out of limp mode. the engine has been replaced under warranty by the dealer but ever since the little orange wrench keeps coming on and NOTHING is wrong...can i pull a ouse or something to get rid of this feature...its worthless as far as im conserned... if a vehicle spins a rod bearing f-ing limp mode isnt going to do ****... please help before i push it off a cliff...this thing is a POS

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bump....any help here guys

Hey Jawz
My friend has a 06 mustang that does the same thing. We replaced the TPS (throttle position sensor) and all is well. Hope this helps some for you

I have even heard of weak batteries causing it. Have your battery checked at a local parts store, most of them will do it for free.

Posted this in another thread, but mine was doing this because ice/snow got into the MAF sensor due to the air filter box not being closed properly. Only when the ice/snow got in there would engine go into this mode. It did ruin it though and I ended up having to replace the MAF sensor.

Back