Wierd "oil" lead from the back door?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wierd "oil" lead from the back door??

spiper

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 PIU
There is some kind of oil leaking out of the drivers side rear door. There is a little slot at the bottom of the door and some kind of sticky honey colored stuff dripping out on the running board. My power window goes up and down really slow too. Any one know what the heck this is?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is it gettin hot in Missouri?? Sounds like grease from the window track.

Its in the 90's but it was last summer and the summer before that etc. There's nothing from the passenger side or the front doors.

Beats me! I've never seen anything like it. At first I thought one of my dogs pissed on it like they do the tires, but after driving 70 mph down the highway to work, it was still there, so I was like wtf is that. I touched with my finger and it was sticky, so I start looking and find this crap oozing out of the little slot at the bottom of the door. I dont see how some critter could get inside the door through that little slot, its only like 2 inches long and maybe a half inch wide.

Originally posted by spiper
I dont see how some critter could get inside the door through that little slot, its only like 2 inches long and maybe a half inch wide.

A rat or similar critter can squeeze through an opening as big as its head. It would be in your best interests to open up the inside of the door and check it out.

Someone may have stuffed something in there for revenge or just to be an @**hole :(

It would be impossible for a rat type critter to get in there. The back doors are very rarely even open.

Could be factory/aftermarket sealer/soundproofing sprayed on the inside of the door(s).

Pull the door panel off to find out. Do you notice any Bee's flying around your truck?

That is a good problem cause there should not be any fluids in your door. ( I do not consider grease a fluid )
does this stuff have a smell ? Color ? Taste ? Texture ?

No bees, smells like motor oil, looks like dirty honey in color and has the texture of snot. I have yet to have the time to take the panel off, but am almost 100% sure there isnt any kind of critter in there.

It's crazy but it might be the adheasive from your sound deading pad. Is it real sticky ?

Yes sticky

I'll bet ya a nickle it is the adhesive !

Back