Will 2012 Ford Edge wheels work? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will 2012 Ford Edge wheels work?

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 ST LTD V8 4WD
Just purchased a 2007 ST LTD V8 4WD with only 40K miles on it.

Locally, somebody is selling some 20x8 oem wheels from a 2012 Ford Edge. I'm wondering if they'd work with my new (to me) ST.

I googled this Edge wheel and found they had the same 5x114.3 bolt pattern and a 40mm offset (I think that's the same as the 20s on the Adrenalin?). They have a 63.4 center bore, compared to the Sport Trac's 70.5, so I think I'd have to have the centers bored out a little.

Info on the Edge wheel here:

autorimshop.com/ford-edge-2012-20-wheel-rim-3847.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwlLm3BRDjnML3h9ic_vkBEiQABa5oeffL3RRtNYHDQrg84lAjqxNa41GTh_MX9MnFhq5sCJ0aArz78P8HAQ

The seller is including the TPMS sensors. So my question: will the sensors work with my ST? I think they'd look pretty bad-ass:

00909_3firPexvJkB_600x450.jpg

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, you would have to get the Edge wheels center bore enlarged. Determine the depth of the bore needed to see if the center caps will be usable.

I'm not certain about the Edge 20, but the similar looking 18's are aluminum wheels with chrome clad covers.

Your existing TPMS transmitters, if stock, can either be band or valve stem type. If they are valve stem variety just reuse your existing. If they are the band type, you might not be able to reuse them. (atleast I'm not aware of a band to valve stem retro kit, or replacement bands for the matter)

I'm not 100% certain of my memory, but it was explained to me something along these lines: If your existing TPMS transmitters are blue and the new Edge wheels transmitters are also blue, they can be programmed by any tire shop with a handheld scanner/programmer device. If the Edge wheels have brown/tan colored sensors, and I think a 2012 probably would, they *cannot* be programmed to work with your 2007 ST.

Since tires are needed, I think there are easier wheel choices out there unless these wheels are an absolute steal. Fairly certain the first generation (2006-2010) Edge wheels are an exact fit, no boring needed - offset is minimally different. Including Sport model 22's.

Thanks for the info... $300 for all 4 wheels with TPMS sensors (but no tires) seems like a pretty good deal to me, so I may just buy them and find out a way to make them work.

I'm not certain about the Edge 20, but the similar looking 18's are aluminum wheels with chrome clad covers.

I went to look at the wheels and they were the same type of aluminum wheels with the plastic chrome plated covers. Besides that they were pretty beat up, so I took a pass.

So I'm still on the hunt for some nice 20s!

Back