Will an Ironman Grill fit an '06 V6? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will an Ironman Grill fit an '06 V6?

RMP91

Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer V6 w/ATRSC
Hey, I'm new here, I'm 20 (21 come June) and my father owns an '06 Ford Explorer V6 4x4 with AdvanceTrac RSC. I currently drive an '01 Mustang V6 until we can get around to selling it because our family needs something bigger for our trips up into Calaveras.

My question here is, I'm not a huge fan of the chrome grill that's on our Explorer (Chrome belongs on vintage/muscle cars and Harley Davidsons IMO) and I wanted to see about swapping it for an Ironman Grill (It's matte black and it matches the color of our Explorer (Dark Blue) ).

Problem is, all the places I've researched online said that the IM Grill will only fit Explorers of the 2007-2010 Model Year.

Small changes over the years aside, the 2006 is cosmetically identical to the 07-10s right? Shouldn't it work for an 06 too?

Thank you in advance for your imput!

-Ryan :usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's what I was thinking...

If it ends up not working that way, I could always spray Plasti-dip on it... Heard a guy on this forum tried it and it worked for him.

The IM grill is basically identical to the chrome stock grill with the exception of it's color and it's material.

I found why all of IronMan Grills were for 2007-2010

this is because IronMan Trim was introduced in 2007

i did my own version of the iron man i have an 06 xlt and this model doesn't have the chrome grill so i paint it using rustoleum Trim & Bumper Black Paint it looks great like a oem finish i used it to paint the ford gray bumper tone and look awesome 5 stars i recommend it
Likibow

The grille should fit as its all the same body panels.

I think that instead of looking for and buying an IM grill, I'll just get a few cans of Plasti-Dip from Home Depot and get the exact same thing for a fraction of the cost and would only have to give up one afternoon's worth of time.

I found why all of IronMan Grills were for 2007-2010

this is because IronMan Trim was introduced in 2007
I have an '06 with the iron man trim package! you should be able to find grills for an '06.

So will the IM grill fit a 2008 Ford Explorer XLT non IM edition? I have been thinking of buying one just didn't want to waste the money if it would not fit. Please someone help me...

Back