• Register Today It's free!

Will fusion key work?

mrmobo

Reaction score
City, State
IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 LX
In poking around this great forum I saw that a guy with a 2004 is using a Fusion key/fob from Ikeyless.com.
Has anyone with 4th gen of Explorer done this successfully? It would be nice to get rid of the fob dangle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In poking around this great forum I saw that a guy with a 2004 is using a Fusion key/fob from Ikeyless.com. Has anyone with 4th gen of Explorer done this successfully? It would be nice to get rid of the fob dangle.

I got a better key on eBay. Post up links when I'm next to a computer. Phone net letting copy/paste.

Sorry for the delay, here's the link to the "cool" key/fob/chip. I got two of these now. When I bought my truck, I only had one key. Had to pay $35 to the locksmith to reset the ECU when programming the second key, but now that I have two, programming a third key was not a problem.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400438081175?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I was looking for the fixed type but this one is a 1/3 of the price and has a lifetime warranty so I ordered it!
Thanks, Sane.

I was looking for the fixed type but this one is a 1/3 of the price and has a lifetime warranty so I ordered it! Thanks, Sane.

No problem. I thought the sane thing. Cheap, cool factor and no dangling. Works for me.

No problem. I thought the sane thing. Cheap, cool factor and no dangling. Works for me.

Hey I ordered the same one from the same company. Had it cut at Lowe's for free and worked great. Only problem is I can't get it to program the FOB. I can get all my others to work, just not the new one.

Did you have any problems programming yours?

Hey I ordered the same one from the same company. Had it cut at Lowe's for free and worked great. Only problem is I can't get it to program the FOB. I can get all my others to work, just not the new one. Did you have any problems programming yours?

Not exactly. Since I only had one key, I was unable to program. So the sane guy who cut the key for $5, connected one if those Snap-On ODB-II scanner tools and reset something in the security section. Cost me $25 I think.

I bought another key, had it cut but haven't tested yet. I can update and if I have problems, I'll go to autozone first to see if I can get it reset for free.

KSE, I had the same problem with the fob portion. Had the key cut and programmed it with the second key but when it came time to add the fob it wouldn't work. I had my other 2 fobs and they cycled perfectly so I know it wasn't my technique.
I've been trying to get a replacement and his emails seem sincere in wanting to make it right, but he says he's out of stock for 2 weeks.
We shall see.

KSE, I had the same problem with the fob portion. Had the key cut and programmed it with the second key but when it came time to add the fob it wouldnt work. I had my other 2 fobs and they cycled perfectly so I know it wasnt my technique.
I've bee trying to get a replacement and his emails seem sincere in wanting to make it right, but he says he's out of stock for 2 weeks.
We shall see.

Wonder how he is out of stock when I just ordered one a week ago and he still has them listed on eBay. It will suck if I can't get a replacement. It will turn that key into a paperweight.

Wonder how he is out of stock when I just ordered one a week ago and he still has them listed on eBay. It will suck if I can't get a replacement. It will turn that key into a paperweight.

I just ordered this one from Amazon. It's the same price and fewer moving parts. I'll post a follow up and review when I get it working.
If the fob head arrives and works before his back order does I'll probably send the switchblade back. The locksmith only charged me $2 to cut the key and I was able to do the programming myself. In his defense I will say that the Ebay dealer has responded promptly to my emails so I hope a refund will be just as easy.
We shall see.

I coded my 06 Explorer to work with the Integral fob from my '12 Fusion. That way I only have to carry one key/fob combo and one key. It does get interesting when I want to lock one and unlock the other......

The replacement I received didn't work either so I took a ride out to their store. Their tech couldn't make either of the keys they sent me work either. He owns an Escape and had his own flip key which he successfully programed to my Explorer. He then tried the ones that didn't work on his Escape and was successful. He went and got a third flip out of stock and couldn't make it work either. The old ones worked and the new ones didn't.
Apparently something has changed in the coding in the latest batch.
In the meantime I got a different type of fob key from a different merchant. This one doesn't flip but has the remote built around the key handle. It programmed readily to the door locks but would not program the anti theft. Sheesh!
They sold this type as well. Theirs worked perfectly and they traded my non working flip key for their non flip fob key and I left happy

Back