Will my tires fit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will my tires fit?

hey all im looking at putting 31x10.5R15 on my 2000 xls 4 door, everything is factory no mods at all. stock rims too. i know its gonna be close but i dont want to put a lift on it. my question is will they fit if not what are the biggest sized tires that will fit. or will they fit with just a slight trim on the fender well

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well i did it im now running 31x10.5R15 goodyear wrangler authority's on my 2000 xls. no lift all factory suspension except for some rear helper springs, which i am using to eliminate some rear sag i had goin on. the only mod i had to make was a slight trim to the front of the front wheel well, very easy took about 5 minuites with a hack saw, since it was all plastic. the trim was only 1 inch in from bottom and tappered to nothing at 3 inches up basically a triangle. i am very happy with the way these tires preform and handle on this vehicle rides like a totally new truck. pics comming soon

well i did it im now running 31x10.5R15 goodyear wrangler authority's on my 2000 xls. no lift all factory suspension except for some rear helper springs, which i am using to eliminate some rear sag i had goin on. the only mod i had to make was a slight trim to the front of the front wheel well, very easy took about 5 minuites with a hack saw, since it was all plastic. the trim was only 1 inch in from bottom and tappered to nothing at 3 inches up basically a triangle. i am very happy with the way these tires preform and handle on this vehicle rides like a totally new truck. pics comming soon

I also want 31s post up pics please :thumbsup:

posting pics soon my 1 year old kinda dropped my camera in the toilet so waiting on a camera

On my 96 I ran my 31's with no lift and will probably do the same on my 2000 I just got, but I wanted more clearance so I did the TT, warrior shackles and aal.

will 245r75/15 tires fit on my 2000 explorer xls without any modifacations? if so,how will it throw my speedometer off.

I just put BFG 31x10.5x15 on my stock explorer with Ranger rims..they fit fine and look good. The ride is also good..no rubbing...

Back