• Register Today It's free!

Will not go in reverse

SARBronco

Reaction score
City, State
Ephrata, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
Ok I think the Exploder blew up. '93 XLT 4x4 4.0L automatic. Drove it last night and noticed that the indicator light by the 4Lo was glowing, 4Lo does not work but I have not been concerned with the truck being the DD, it has not worked for 2+ years. 4Hi works just fine, think that this is a relay on the transfer case I had the same problem with my ranger. So when noticed I put it in 4hi and tried to put in 4lo, nothing. Took it out of 4hi and backed up for like 100 ft just to be positive. Everything working fine and we drove for about 50 more miles stop and go forward and reverse. Wife takes it today no issues. When she went to leave she had to back out of the space. It shifts into reverse and just does not move. Tried pushing it in gear and have resistance, in nutral it rolls fine and in drive it pulls forward. Now I have it at the front of the parking space and still will not back up in 2wheel and 4wheel. What is going on??? Please help I need this truck to run, her car sucks in the snow.

Can somebody please help, I want to drive my Ex

Back