Will this diff cover fit on my X?

DocVijay

Meow
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Sport 2WD
Jegs has this Ford Racing rear-end cover. I'm getting a new diff, and would like to get a different cover too. This should fit, as it's an 8.8" cover, right?

397m4033g.jpg

Here's the link: http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=4549&prmenbr=361

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yup... it sure will

Thats sweet but pricey:D

Originally posted by jimabena74
yup... it sure will

That's what I thought. If it's an 8.8 cover, it should fit the X? They're all the same arent they?

I'll be ordering this today... :D

Originally posted by 88vert
Thats sweet but pricey:D
its because it has studs to help support the carrier bearings. it is designed for high hp applications.

One thing about the fit:
If you have a rear swaybar, depending on the rotation of the bar, it may interfere.

Originally posted by Alec
One thing about the fit:
If you have a rear swaybar, depending on the rotation of the bar, it may interfere.

Shouldn't be a problem with mive. Whent he suspension flexes, the bar swings up and out of the way. At full compression, it swings down, but becasue of the curve of the bar, it shouldn't be an issue. Besides, usually only one side or the other would be fully compressed, so the bar wouldn't be completely down anyway. The bar comes to wothin 4" of the diff at the closest point, so I think there shouldn't be any clearance problems.

Alrighty! I just ordered the SVO diff cover and Ford Racing 4.10 gears from Jegs. Should be here by Wednesday. Also ordered an Eaton LS diff from Performance Products for $350. I saved about $70 over other places, but it'll take a few weeks to get here.

Now I just need some nice new brake lines and I'll be all done (for now at least).

I was going to use it as a water dish for my cat, but I'll sell it to you if you want. :D

Just PM me with an offer. My LS diff won't get here for two weeks (backordered), but as soon as I get the new one on, I'll message you to let you know.

Originally posted by DocVijay
I was going to use it as a water dish for my cat
um...... if you love your cat..... i would suggest cleaning it out very well.:p

Of course I love my cat. Just look at my license plate:

Dead Link Removed

I'm "Animal Friendly."

I wasn't going to actually use it as a water dish. Ijust had nothing better to do with it. Maybe a frisbee?

doc- i figured you were just kiddin'. im pretty dense, but not THAT dense;) .

i have a friend that took a chrome D44 cover and made it into a clock for his shop. pretty cool idea.

Back