Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got the same one in my mustang;)

I've had one for a while now. I like it quite a bit. They tend to be a little bit noisey. I have since switched to a Hurst T handle, I like this alot more than the MOMO knob.
15573dsc00137.jpg

Originally posted by Rick
I just recieved my Hurst short shifter in the mail. I can't wait to install it tomorrow :D Hopefully this will make shiftng quickly a lot easier.

I got mine from Jegs: http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1932&prmenbr=361

I'll be posting a write-up of the installation and performance.

I'm interested in getting one but all the descriptions are for t5 tranny's is it the same shifter? which one did you get? is it for the m5od? do you need some sort of extension to reach it? is the end threaded or ribbed like my stock one??
also can the stock boot work with it and look stock?

sorry if thats too many ????'s

Bump for updates

Re: Re: Hurst Short Shifter

Originally posted by Ariakas
I'm interested in getting one but all the descriptions are for t5 tranny's is it the same shifter? which one did you get? is it for the m5od? do you need some sort of extension to reach it? is the end threaded or ribbed like my stock one??
also can the stock boot work with it and look stock?

sorry if thats too many ????'s

It will work, I have a '98. Same boat as you. The Stock boot looks like crap. The firstimpression of this shifter is "oh Man Red Neck Chrome" but really it does look nice. If you integrate the replacement boot with the factory cup holder assembly, it meshes quite well.
There are extensions for mounting, you May or May not need one. Mr. Gasket/Hurst can be reached at 216.688.8300 ext.500

Re: Re: Re: Hurst Short Shifter

Originally posted by ipozestu
It will work, I have a '98. Same boat as you. The Stock boot looks like crap. The firstimpression of this shifter is "oh Man Red Neck Chrome" but really it does look nice. If you integrate the replacement boot with the factory cup holder assembly, it meshes quite well.
There are extensions for mounting, you May or May not need one. Mr. Gasket/Hurst can be reached at 216.688.8300 ext.500

Yeah I saw you're pic and think it looks ok with the hurst boot but I really don't want chrome.. If nothing else I can probably have a billet extension made for relatively inexpensive then have it anodized blue to match my interior/exterior..

by the way wich model did you get that worked.. will any of the t5 ones work?? none of the descriptions say v6 or 4.0.. and I know the tranny for v6/v8 are different..

530-391-5020
1988-03 Ford Ranger 4-Cylinder, V-6

That's the one I got for my '93.

I installed it today. It feels great! I haven't driven with it though as the truck is still in the shop until tomorrow. While they were working on adding a bit to my roll cage I installed the shifter.

The job took about 1 hour and was super easy.

WoW! That means alot coming from you :D

Dang those are nice!! I gotta get me one cuz my shifter is sloppy as heck right now and making all kinds of funky rattling noises...lotta coinage tho :( ...Rick,you got a pic or two of yours?

I used to have an EMPI short shifter with reverse trigger-style lockout on my 69 VW Bus, man was that nice.

Back