• Register Today It's free!

Wiper Spray Issue

DBExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
Question to all the 2013 Explorer owners out there. Is the front washer spray supposed to spray before the front wipers activate. I'm currently running into them wiping a dry windshield before the spray comes out. Should have nothing to do with the "courtesy wipe" (what a name).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I get a full wipe before it sprays.. got to love wiping a dry dirty windshield.

I sometimes get a wipe before a spray after the washer fluid has not been used for a while.

I can't think of a car that doesn't do this

The problem is the car can't tell if the spray was recently used and will spray quick, or have to prime the lines. Better to wipe a dry windshield than spray water on the windshield with no wipe

I can't think of a car that doesn't do this

The problem is the car can't tell if the spray was recently used and will spray quick, or have to prime the lines. Better to wipe a dry windshield than spray water on the windshield with no wipe
Gave mine a try this morning and the wipe started before the spray although it did catch some of the spray. This was after not having used it for a week or so. Subsequent attempts had the spray start just as the wipe began, so no dry wipe occurred. This isn't really an issue in my book.

Peter

Same issue here. First Wipe then water. I guess it is computer fixable if they wanted to.

J

Really. How is this an issue? Is it going to wear the wiper out or damage the windshield? It's obviously the lines getting primed. I won't be looking for this on purpose. However, it's probably burnt into my sub conscience. Is it a full wipe. Up then down or half a wipe before fluid comes out. Rhetorical.

Really. How is this an issue? Is it going to wear the wiper out or damage the windshield? It's obviously the lines getting primed. I won't be looking for this on purpose. However, it's probably burnt into my sub conscience. Is it a full wipe. Up then down or half a wipe before fluid comes out. Rhetorical.
Glad to hear this won't keep up all night! :D

Peter

Back