Wiring Harness for Blower Motor Resistor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wiring Harness for Blower Motor Resistor

Four

Reaction score
City, State
New England
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer XLT
I need a Wiring Harness for the Blower Motor Resistor on a 1999 Ford Explorer 4x4, with a 4.0L V6. My old one melted, and I can't find another one anywhere. Can someone try linking me or giving me some phone numbers to places that have one? I've called everywhere and just don't know where to turn. Any responses would be greatly appreciated. I know there's gotta be one somewhere.

Thanks

I recently found a Motorcraft harness for my 2001 Sport on amazon.com. It was about 25 dollars with free shipping. My local dealer had one but it was 35. Depending on the particular style of harness, some can be rebuilt (obviously, not if they are melted). My neighbor bought 4 little connectors and then some color coded wire at Autozone. He was able to pop the old connectors and wire out with a small screwdriver, clean up the plastic harness and insert new wires and connectors. Might be able to find a usable harness at a junkyard and rebuild it. Again, depends on the type of harness. Good luck.

Back