WITHIN OPERATING RANGE???..CAP-Dealer PSI 48? Get another OIL CHANGE? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WITHIN OPERATING RANGE???..CAP-Dealer PSI 48? Get another OIL CHANGE?

Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Eddie B.70k
While adding oil, might I be the only one that when I actually have the dealer perform the change I feel they should AT LEAST get the level within the "operating range" by their own definition?

I mean on a 2002 4.6L Explorer that you more than likely do your fair share and will know damn well how much to add, when someone pays close to $50 for a change, and the dealer doesn't pay $5 wholesale for that oil...I know they check your PSI:D - Inflated one of my GY Wrangler's to 48, yes 48PSI in CT 10 DEGREES!!! which would be APPROACHING 60 PSI!!!!! in the summer highway speeds, at least?
This was the front driver's side too, CT residents PM me and I'll be sure to let you know where NOT to go-that is down right neglegint:mad:

Also IS EVERYONE's CAP MARKED, 5w-20 on the 4.6? I ask considering I got a different one back, used mind you, that appears OEM Motorcraft, no 5w-20 marking, just a very well worn (threads wise), cap. Another vehicle that was in I'm guessing. So, all of my rant done at the moment.....question time….

IF THEY MIXED CAPS AND SET ONE PSI LIKE THAT, SHOULD I GET ANOTHER CHANGE, I MEAN GOD ONLY KNOWS WHAT THEY PUT IN?

IF YOU READ MY WHOLE POST, WHAT WOULD YOU DO IN MY POSITION AS FAR AS THIS "DEALERSHIP" GOES?

THANK YOU ALL!!!

Know the problem well,everytime i use a outside service for oil changes they always overfill the engine,thats why i do all my own servicing well as much as i can,but get back to that dealer and give them the facts of life,do it right or lose my business,make sure you speak to the service manager or the dealer principal best of luck cheers.

Well thanks to all who responded, (PERTH), I am guessing no one else here can relate?...At all?

Considering my posts are well, essentially Ford bashing via stating my unpleasant experiences,did I stumble upon a Ford technician board or something?
....You think they dealerships/service department are less than friendly....SMH

I have recently started to go to another dealer for similar reasons. I wrote the old dealer a letter stating the reasons for the change. I had a hard time GIVING them my business. And the business I did give them, they made a mess in my cars and didn't fix problems that they said they did. I would take it back and have them fix it but the hassel of it all was not worth it. Also EVERY time I went for an oil change there was ALWAYS a diffrent amount of oil on the work order. I once asked and was told that the 4.6 takes more oil. Well then why all of a sudden are they adding more then in the past? They were not accurate at some point. I had been going to them since 1993. No more!

Back