Would you buy this truck for $1750? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Would you buy this truck for $1750?

Hartman

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 5.0
img_0153.jpg

img_0156.jpg

img_0158.jpg

1995 XLT, 171k

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is the engine missing or is it rusted out? What's wrong with it?

depend's on mileage , what's wrong with it and etc , but it look's good for the price !!

If it's in good shape, 5k. If you part it out, maybe more... I'd like to buy the interior.

ummm.... U BETCHA!

KBB is $2555 in fair condition, which is what it's in. There are several dings/dents and one spot on the rear fenderwell where rust is starting to form due to a shoddy repair job. It needs inner and outer tie rods, possibly a new steering rack, a new vacuum disconnect for the front axle (so the 4WD can engage), ABS sensors are broken, and the two front seats don't have power and you can't move them.

I want to price to sell, so I'm just trying to get an idea here.

Thats a helluva deal on a project that doesn't need a whole lot of work. Do the front seats just need the power seat tracks, or are they solid mounted?

If you had posted that a week ago, I'd a paid you 5K for it... If you decide to part, let me at the interior.

Thats a helluva deal on a project that doesn't need a whole lot of work. Do the front seats just need the power seat tracks, or are they solid mounted?

Well the front seats are from an Infiniti sedan, mounted on the stock Explorer seat tracks. I was planning on meshing the wiring together to make everything work, but it ended up being way too complicated due to the intricacies of the Infiniti wiring. I think I still have the stock seats, which I may put back in.

If you had posted that a week ago, I'd a paid you 5K for it... If you decide to part, let me at the interior.

I'll sell it to you right now for 2k, haha.

$1750 is a good craigslist price in that condition with those problems.
I would give you $1500 on the spot, then take it home, fix themon the cheap and sell it for $3500

Ya its bad ass! I would buy it if you were close!

id buy it for that much in a heartbeat.

thats a nice x what kind of seats r those it looks like from a different car

Hartman does it still have airbags?

Section Fiero seats were the sickness, they had sony walkman speakers inside them with the nice perferated leather so you could almost hear them

Hartman does it still have airbags?

Section Fiero seats were the sickness, they had sony walkman speakers inside them with the nice perferated leather so you could almost hear them

Yes it still has the original airbags.

worried about airbag covers with Tweed on them?
truck is seriously nice a mechanics wet dream.

Wanna meet us halfway between Denver and you?

damn i wish this noob had that cashola for ya id buy it right now

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wish i had the money...would love to buy that and fix the issues to replace my gf's '93

Back