Wtd: Radio bezel for 2WD Sport Trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wtd: Radio bezel for 2WD Sport Trac

1998rollover

Reaction score
City, State
Weiser, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer
For the V8 swap I don't need the 4x4 switch so I'd like to get a radio bezel from a 2WD Sport Trac that has the power rear window and fog lamps. If fog lamps were unobtainable on the 2WD Sport Trac, then there won't be such a radio bezel. (Looking online I've found interior pics of one 2WD 1st gen Trac and it had no fog lamp switch.)

An alternate would be one from an AWD or 2WD 95-01 Explorer/Mountaineer with fog lamps, rear wiper *without* rear defrost - if such was ever made. I'd just have to swap the rear window light badge piece in place of the wiper one.

I have an '01 2wd Sport Trac owned since new with the Sport Package that added all of the exterior 4wd styling cues (16" wheels, fog lights, running boards). So, yes, they are available, but rare. I ended up grabbing a 2wd Explorer Sport radio bezel for a custom stereo install. The rear window defroster switch is higher than the fog light switch, but at least the bezel has the right number of holes.

I found one from a V8 AWD Explorer *without* fog lamps, so I could put the fog lamp switch in place of the rear defrost switch.

I also snagged one from a V8 AWD Explorer with fog lamps. I'm thinking of mounting a pair of USB charging ports in place of the rear defog switch.

They were only $9 each at Pick A Part Jalopy Jungle.

Back