YJ Shackles?

Anime

EF YEAH!!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 EX Sport Concept
Gerald might know this;

Just in case I wind up going with the OME lift springs, does warrior make a set of shackles that are the same width as the 8.5 lifted explorer ones, but in a 5.5/6" length?

Will the YJ ones work perfect or warrior doesnt make those?
They wouldnt happen to have 14mm bolt holes would they?

Nothing wrong with the 8.5s..I just dont want the combined lift from those and new leafs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What happened to your stock shackles? The only 2 lengths I've seen under Explorers are either 5.5" and 6.5"?

Mark

well

My stock shackles are off ...replaced with the WAR153s...and I'll never use the stock ones again.
They bottom out on the frame. The "H" design of the warriors (besides being thicker, stronger and looking better) allows it to swing up and never hit the frame (might hit the rear crossmember though)

I emailed warrior and they said yes their YJ shackles fit..the WAR123s are 6 3/8" so will give only 1/2" or so of lift, and I'm still checking but it looks like the WAR150 will work too and give 1/16" (haha) of lift. I might have to drill the 14mm holes myself..anyone got a drill press? :(

I just dont want to use the OME leafs AND the WAR153s cuz then I'll have 3" of lift...close to stock length shackles will let me run the new OME leafs (if theyre alot cheaper than the Nationals)and match the front lift from the coils. :)

Check with a local 4x4 shop. The yj and explorer springd are the width. I assume they might work. Me and a guy at a local 4x4 shop are planning on using a revolver set up with revolvers for a yj which will fit on my explorer. Robbie

eh

Warrior says the WAR123s work great cuz the center brace is offset from the center just like the WAR153. The 150s will work too, but the brace is in the exact center..like an "H", so the center support might hit the frame..have to check.

Anyone seen Gerald? :D

You answered your own question, so I didn't need to. My post count is already way too high and I don't want you guys to think I don't have a life Dead Link Removed

Back