Yokohama Geolander M/Ts... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yokohama Geolander M/Ts...

I am looking to buy some 31"s. I was wondering what people's general opinion on the brand and on/off road performance? I have heard great reviews from other people, but none of them drive explorers. So I wanted to know what people on this site thought of them! Later - Nate :D

they wear really quickly or so ive heard....they grip like mad, but dont last long on the street.

they are awesome and sticky... normally translates to not so great read life on the street... i have heard of them going 40k properly maintained without a problem though on a daily driver

We ran them for a while (now we run bfg ATs)..

The tires gripped really well, but we got 30k miles out of a set (we went through 2 sets before we went to 32" tires)..

Also, they don't have a thick sidewall like most interco or the BFG (AT/MT) tires. I never broke a sidewall on the yokos, but I also never aired down to the point I air down to now (I go down to 13-15psi on the BFG AT on rocks and 8psi on sand)..

Here are a couple pics I dug up from when we ran them..
closeup%20of%20front%20bumper.jpg

closeup%20of%20front%20bumper2.jpg

~Mark

Sabotage

Well, I ended up getting some 31" Super Sport A/Ts for my rig yesterday. After being woke up by my fiancee at 0530, I found out that all 4 of my tires had been slashed. :eek: :fire: My deductable wasn't low enough to use that and I took all the cash I had on hand to shell out for some new rubber. I'll be getting a TT and my AALs put in soon hopefully. An unfortunate even, but at least I got to upgrade to 31"s. :D Later - Nate

Back