Driver Side Door Lock Problems!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Driver Side Door Lock Problems!!

hey there, new guy. so just got my merc on the road and come to find out I cant lock or unlock my drivers door with either the "clicker" or key except on a very rare occasion my remote will unlock it, The only way to lock it is with force on the lock "tab" and I very often find my self reaching accross from the passenger side to open the door.
Here is the question, is this what all you guys were finding happened to yours? and is this spring the cause of it all?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

door

it has been a year since i fixed mine. but when the spring breaks the door wont open. i beleive your lock linkage is out of adjstment or rusted. when you take it apart replace the sring that breaks. get it at the hardware store dont buy lock from junkyard. how to fix it is somewhere in this forum.

My door locks and latches are acting up driver door don't pop the lock enough and i have to get someone inside to open the door same with the 2 rear doors.I sprayed some oil in there and nothing how do you do the key pad.Do i have to call the dealer with the vin to reprogram a 4 digit number the guy i got it from said he never used it and didn't know what it was

My door locks and latches are acting up driver door don't pop the lock enough and i have to get someone inside to open the door same with the 2 rear doors.I sprayed some oil in there and nothing how do you do the key pad.Do i have to call the dealer with the vin to reprogram a 4 digit number the guy i got it from said he never used it and didn't know what it was

harley: Re the key pad - the door code is 5 digits. If you look on the RAP module you can see the factory code. Owners manual tells you how to set your own 5 digit code. The RAP module is in the driver's side rear - open the big compartment and look forward with a flashlight. The silver box is the RAP; there is a sticker on it with the keypad code. Really won't help you with sticky locks - you will have to get in the doors and work them. There are lots of sticky's.

harley: Re the key pad - the door code is 5 digits. If you look on the RAP module you can see the factory code. Owners manual tells you how to set your own 5 digit code. The RAP module is in the driver's side rear - open the big compartment and look forward with a flashlight. The silver box is the RAP; there is a sticker on it with the keypad code. Really won't help you with sticky locks - you will have to get in the doors and work them. There are lots of sticky's.

Rap module drivers rear where in the back hatch big compartment not sure where you say at on the drivers rear

Rap module drivers rear where in the back hatch big compartment not sure where you say at on the drivers rear

Open the rear hatch; look to left side; there is a removable panel on the side; jack is behind there. Look forward thru that opening; there will be some relays and a silver(?) box; that is RAP module. 5 digit code is on sticker on the module.

Open the rear hatch; look to left side; there is a removable panel on the side; jack is behind there. Look forward thru that opening; there will be some relays and a silver(?) box; that is RAP module. 5 digit code is on sticker on the module.

Got the code now when you enter the 5 digit should it do something it don't do anything

Got the code now when you enter the 5 digit should it do something it don't do anything

If it's working, the driver's door should unlock. Without code, pressing the last two buttons together should lock all the doors.

If it's working, the driver's door should unlock. Without code, pressing the last two buttons together should lock all the doors.

i'll try it drivers door doesn't unlock even with the key it just turns have to take off door panel and check it out.The unlock part sticks it pops up just a tad i have to get someone from the other side to open it up

I know this is old but it may help someone else. For temporarily getting around if you hold the driver door ajar before you start the engine it may keep the auto lock feature from going off. This has worked pretty well for me but you have to be careful - sometimes it still will lock later.

Back