King of the Hammers 2014 - Who is Going? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

King of the Hammers 2014 - Who is Going?

Not sure when exactly we will arrive, but I believe it will be late Sunday. I'll be staying with the guys from team 4531. Their pit tent is at 236 Griffin. I never heard back from Shannon on getting media credentials, so I signed up as a volunteer. Hopefully this will get me somewhere good on the course to get some good action.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..I'm curious..Were you denied from Shannon or just no reply? I know it's almost as tough to get Media Cred's from Ultra4 anymore as it is to get Nascar credentials.

..Hopefully the Ballistic crew will be coming out so I will have a place to park and sleep amongst friends...For some reason..:shifty_ey ..The security crew at Brians compound always forget who I am and won't let me in..:dunno:

..I would have an easier time getting into Justin Bieber's place..:p:

RockRanger..Fly in and out..Im sure you got frequent flyer miles by now..

..I'm not sure if you guys have seen this yet but Jason Sherer and Robby Gordon's ex co-driver Lance Clifford are teamed up together and will qualify last at this year's KOH..:burnout:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/news/jason...ord-team-up-for-the-2014-king-of-the-hammers/

Jason-Scherer-Lance-Clifford-2014-KOH-300x225.jpg

I never heard back. Figured my application was late enough that it went straight to the round file (if it was even received). Not too concerned about it though.

The car Sherer and Lance are running is the IFS buggy that Lance had built as a "family" buggy by Fishmouth Fab a couple years ago. I think he wheeled it one time in Moab and it has sat since. Jason redid the back half to turn it into an ultra4 car. Any bets on how much further these two can make it compared to RG and Lance?

..I'll bet there's a lot less walking involved for Lance..:D

Mike, the approval comes from Emily Miller and not Shannon. Check your spam filter maybe?

I think Jason and Lance will DNF in their ugly duckling car. Lance doesn't have the best track record at KOH and Jason has broke more times than finished well at KOH I think.

I will be back in Cali. Just being gone for the last three weeks has caused a lot of stuff at home to pile up that I need to get resolved. Thinking I will probably just stay home take care of things and work on my ranger. I am trying to get it ready for a lot of summer wheeling in the Sierras.

I will be back in Cali. Just being gone for the last three weeks has caused a lot of stuff at home to pile up that I need to get resolved. Thinking I will probably just stay home take care of things and work on my ranger. I am trying to get it ready for a lot of summer wheeling in the Sierras.

I'd say you could come on down Thursday night and ride out with me all day Friday, but I'm guessing it doesn't make sense for you to come this far down just for a day. :(

..I just made it back to town and heading over to get the X ready for the next week..:hammer:

..In a little over 24 hrs we will be setting up on the Lakebed and hopefully start sending updates within 48 hrs, internet service may not be set up yet..

..It rained last night so I got to rain test one of my tents..:biggthump

..and they are calling for cooler weather, around the mid 60's with lows in the 30's while they just announced we have a chance of more showers Sunday night into Monday..

..In other news...There is a In-N-Out less than 4 minutes from the main terminal at the Airport and it opens at 10:30..:D

Matt, did you see this?
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/competitions-events/1613746-extra-room.html

..Here you go..:popcorn:

..An electronic copy of this years race program..

http://digitaleditionpublisher.com/publication/?i=193649#{%22page%22:0,%22issue_id%22:193649}

..And this just in from the Campbell Camp..:popcorn:

..Here you go..:popcorn:

..An electronic copy of this years race program..

http://digitaleditionpublisher.com/publication/?i=193649#{%22page%22:0,%22issue_id%22:193649}

..And this just in from the Campbell Camp..:popcorn:

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/NxQfoxlMeys?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/NxQfoxlMeys?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

is that spouse to be a link? Jeez what a noob!:p: Here I fixed it.;)

http://www.digitaleditionpublisher.com/publication/?i=193649#{%22page%22:0,%22issue_id%22:193649}

..A useful fact..Did you know?

BFG's have won 5 of 6 KOH's!
http://www.bfgoodrichracing.com/bfg...contingency-2014-griffin-king-of-the-hammers/

Historically, BFG has been the tire of choice for five of the six past Kings:

2008: Shannon Campbell – BFG
2009: Jason Scherer and Jason Berger - BFG
2010: Loren Healy and Rodney Woody - BFG
2012: Erik Miller and Robert Ruggiero - BFG
2013: Randy Slawson and Michael Slawson – BFG

The full BFGoodrich Tires support team will be available at the semi lining pit row on Griffin Expressway Monday thru Saturday morning for any type of tire support. The recommended tires for Friday’s King of the Hammers race are the 39” BFGoodrich Baja T/A KRT-B. The recommended tires for Thursday’s Every Man Challenge race include the DOT Blue Label Krawler T/A KX or the Mud-Terrain T/A KM2.

Thanks to Charlene of Bower Media for sharing this ...

I snagged this pic from those posting from the Lakebed..The big W is blowing out there..:eek:

1011231_10152212627102206_581300396_n_zpsa38400ab.jpg

..I'm loaded up and plan on unloading some not needed weight and will pic up groceries when I hit Yucca..

..Just need to top off and head out..:burnout:

..:scratch:..I thought I had something else I had to do today..hmmm..It will come to me after I hit the Lakebed..:D

I'm behind as net feed came his early pm...a bit bummed as im wanting to post alot..:(

Beleive it or not but today was a big day and hope to post a bit of it up tmrw.

Ran into MRBoyle and everyone here so far is onboard for early tuesday dinner after happy hour.

Have a great time and be safe:D

Looking forward to the pictures.

..It's been totally crazy but I promise we have some pictures that are worth looking at and some good stories..

..The "Town" out here is still recovering from the wind from Friday and we have wind daily since and expecting wind and chilly temps thru next weekend..

..Sunday morning was 23* and this morning was a very warm 37*...

...I did get a chance to talk to The reigning King Randy Slawson and his brother Mike. They are driving a new car this year and they are running Prototype BFG XTR's and think they are great in the testing thwey have done.

..They are grinning ear to ear saying they are really pleased with their new car..:D

..Better late than never..:D

..I'm gonna do this backwards starting with today but I have no Backdoor shots as I watched it while editing pics..;)

..A quick behind the scenes look of 4WP editing going on before it gets uploaded to social Media..
DSC0410_2_.jpg

..a castle in the sand?
DSC0430.jpg

..Hangin' at the Helicopter..
DSC0434.jpg

..The Slawsons'..
DSC0458.jpg

..Some Misc..
DSC0614.jpg

DSC0605.jpg

DSC0604.jpg

DSC0622.jpg

DSC0624.jpg

..Some more..

DSC0442.jpg

DSC0444.jpg

DSC0473.jpg

DSC0482.jpg

..A Ford Ranger?
DSC0494.jpg

DSC0521.jpg

DSC0536.jpg

DSC0559.jpg

..and a couple more from Monday..

DSC0572.jpg

DSC0619.jpg

DSC0713.jpg

DSC0726.jpg

DSC0775.jpg

DSC0793.jpg

DSC0834.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back