No Spark or Fuel | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just thought there is a plug right by the battery that goes to the negative cable on the battery this is computer ground.
roscoe

Probably a stupid question, but no pins are bent on the obd2 port? I had this happen on my last mounty, and didn't notice until I tried a second scanner.

just thought there is a plug right by the battery that goes to the negative cable on the battery this is computer ground.
roscoe

ill take a look at that tomorrow. too late now

Probably a stupid question, but no pins are bent on the obd2 port? I had this happen on my last mounty, and didn't notice until I tried a second scanner.

no not a stupid question at all lol. its a brand new code reader. the tech came to program my keys and he couldnt connect either

ODDLY i CAN pull airbag codes and ABS codes, but i cant do anything else

Are those stored in different modules?

Fuse #5 located in the internal fuse panel.

Also, the cigar lighter fuse.

IIRC It's not fuse #5 on a 2000. Fuse #17 maybe? Check the owners manual to be sure.

I should rephrase that.
Check fuse #5 10a which protects the data link connector.

Also check the cigar lighter fuse, which is indeed #17 .

My post was a bit confusing.

Handing it off to a professional. Ill let you guys know what happens. He will be coming monday to pick it up. I looked at all your ideas and suggestions, and at this point i think its beyond my hands. im new to electronic stuff.

Back