Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only) | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

Well the 14 Sport with the 400A package (the base package) has keyed ignition and the 401A package has push button start which automatically comes with remote start. You should have it already.

Yeah that's what I told him but seriously it was like I was just speaking jibberish or something.

How do I prove that to him or another tech?

I mean the button doesn't work on the remote so all I need I figured is to have someone with the software to start a new session and Enable. Am I wrong? Am I looking at it with the wrong perspective?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah that's what I told him but seriously it was like I was just speaking jibberish or something.

I mean the button doesn't work on the remote so all I need I figured is to have someone with the software to start a new session and Enable. Am I wrong? Am I looking at it with the wrong perspective?

Read your owners manual or download a version of it from the owner.ford.com website

You already have it and its fully functional.

Well the 14 Sport with the 400A package (the base package) has keyed ignition and the 401A package has push button start which automatically comes with remote start. You should have it already.

ok I will check.

Thanks Jason

Maybe I am looking at it wrong but the buttons def don't work....believe me I tried them haha

sorry abt the duplicate post I reflex clicked the POST Button

Ok, just checked Owners Manual....Crazy Talk. Trying when I get home. Cant wait to see if it works. Key does in fact slide out of the back of the fob and does open door so that's a plus.

To think it could be that simple and I almost spent $130 to get a diagnostic. Now it could be that it still doesn't work but Im Optimistic. If it doesn't then maybe I will need the diagnostic after all.

Too bad cant change User ID to DB14

Will let everyone know once confirmed yea or nea

Ok tried tested and nothing....

What now? Any suggestions?

Maybe the diagnostic is the way

NEW QUERY:

I have a 2014 Explorer Sport but I have Push Button Start(so most of this thread has not assisted too much). Does anyone have any tip for Enabling the Remote Start for Push Button Start vehicles?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
As Jason mentioned, you should already have remote start. The 5 button fob you have should show a 2X button with a partial circle at on end of it. That is the remote start button. It's on the left in this picture.
upload_2017-10-20_18-26-9.png

Peter

Ok tried tested and nothing....

What now? Any suggestions?

Maybe the diagnostic is the way
Have you checked in the settings that Remote Start is Enabled? (page 132)

From the Manual;
The remote start system will not work if:
• the ignition is on
• the alarm system is triggered
• you disable the feature
• the hood is open
• the transmission is not in P
• the vehicle battery voltage is too low
• the fuel is too low
• the service engine soon light is on.

Peter

Hey yes and Thanks for the Welcome.

Yes thats my fob and the key does come out and work the door and Yes it has the 2x with a circle arrow. Thats the button I pressed twice.

All of the above conditions are confirmed except for possibly the battery. But the car does start so the battery can't be too low but i will check and replace if it is.

How do I check whether it is enabled? Where can I access the settings?

This vehicle is completely new to me though Fords are not

Go into the left information screen and look for "Settings". Then select "Vehicle" and scroll through that until you find "Remote Start". Options as shown on page 132 are Enable/Disable.

Peter

Go into the left information screen and look for "Settings". Then select "Vehicle" and scroll through that until you find "Remote Start". Options as shown on page 132 are Enable/Disable.

Peter

It does not appear to be a selection under the Vehicle heading tab. There is no scroll option or arrow or anything.

Forgive me if you already knew this, but you're pressing "Lock-->2x-->2x," right?

Forgive me if you already knew this, but you're pressing "Lock-->2x-->2x," right?

I did try that earlier and I just went out and do that and I got a Honk and the lights blinked....laughing now because at least its a response

If you're getting an affirmative response and the car isn't starting, it's thinking there's a condition preventing the start. I would pull the battery for a half hour or so, reconnect, drive the car around a bit and re-learn the idle trims and shift points (it will be clumsy to drive until re-learn completes). Shut it down, try a remote start and see what happens.

Will try the disconnect tomorrow evening after work.

Thanks again gentlemen.

Will get back with results.

If you're getting an affirmative response and the car isn't starting, it's thinking there's a condition preventing the start. I would pull the battery for a half hour or so, reconnect, drive the car around a bit and re-learn the idle trims and shift points (it will be clumsy to drive until re-learn completes). Shut it down, try a remote start and see what happens.
There's something not right if he can't find 'Remote Start' in the vehicle settings to see if the feature is enabled.

There's something not right if he can't find 'Remote Start' in the vehicle settings to see if the feature is enabled.

The availability of that function in the IPC is driven by ABD programmed to that module, it's not going to stop the BCM from responding if the BCM believes the function to be properly enabled via that module's ABD.

You're still right to believe something smells weird, but the BCM should have that function defaulted to "on."

++++
The availability of that function in the IPC is driven by ABD programmed to that module, it's not going to stop the BCM from responding if the BCM believes the function to be properly enabled via that module's ABD.

You're still right to believe something smells weird, but the BCM should have that function defaulted to "on."
The Manual doesn't show that as 'Default' setting.

That's been Ford's practice for every vehicle with integrated remote start as driven by the factory fob. :)

I've yet to see one ship with the feature disabled.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I was hopeful but nothing changed. No option no nothing.

Interesting what's being said above. Is it possible that I have a Sport that did not have that equipment installed. Like a Base Sport or something?

Back