Help with remote start!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help with remote start!!!

Reaction score
City, State
MARYLAND HEIGHTS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 explorer xlt
The Ford Dealership says they can't repair the remote start on my wife's 2015 XLT. Anybody have an idea how I can just remove the thing. I want to install one from 12v systems but I don't think I can until I remove the current system.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Ford Dealership says they can't repair the remote start on my wife's 2015 XLT. Anybody have an idea how I can just remove the thing. I want to install one from 12v systems but I don't think I can until I remove the current system.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
As asked before, what is the problem with the OEM remote start?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
As asked before, what is the problem with the OEM remote start?

Peter
I'm not getting ANY response from it. I've tried all the tests I could find online.

I'd really like to help you, but referencing a 192 page installation document when someone asks what you've tested is not helpful, cynical even.

What did you test? Describe your tests for us. Do you hear any chirps or anything when you do the remote start key sequence lock-start-start(hold)? Has it ever worked for you? Is your hood switch faulty? Etc, etc, etc.

I'd really like to help you, but referencing a 192 page installation document when someone asks what you've tested is not helpful, cynical even.

What did you test? Describe your tests for us. Do you hear any chirps or anything when you do the remote start key sequence lock-start-start(hold)? Has it ever worked for you? Is your hood switch faulty? Etc, etc, etc.

Sorry about the file. When I opened it there was just a 6 page document. There are no chirps, lights beeps or anything it's completely non responsive. Honestly my main goal is to remove the thing and install an after market unit. Once the Ford dealership told they had no idea how to repair it I was done with it and them.

Sorry about the file. When I opened it there was just a 6 page document. There are no chirps, lights beeps or anything it's completely non responsive. Honestly my main goal is to remove the thing and install an after market unit. Once the Ford dealership told they had no idea how to repair it I was done with it and them.
Sounds like a bad dealer. Try another? Get a second opinion. Could you state their diagnosis from the paperwork?

No problems, mate, just trying to get to the bottom of it.

I've read several places that say to beware the aftermarket ones. The factory ones generally just work. Also, the dealers suck, a lot, and this doesn't mean yours is unfixable.

Has it ever worked for you? This is important!!!

Do you press lock, start, start and hold it down the second time you press start? Do this to the beat of "another one bites the dust" approximately.

Does your key fob look like this longer one or does it look like this round shaped one?

Eagerly awaiting your response.

Sounds like a bad dealer. Try another? Get a second opinion. Could you state their diagnosis from the paperwork?
Their diagnosis was literally "We can't fix it. Take it to an after market place." Please pay at the cashier window."

Their diagnosis was literally "We can't fix it. Take it to an after market place." Please pay at the cashier window.
Don't ever go there again, bad dealer, bad. And reply to my post's questions above yours, I swear I can help.

No problems, mate, just trying to get to the bottom of it.

I've read several places that say to beware the aftermarket ones. The factory ones generally just work. Also, the dealers suck, a lot, and this doesn't mean yours is unfixable.

Has it ever worked for you? This is important!!!

Do you press lock, start, start and hold it down the second time you press start? Do this to the beat of "another one bites the dust" approximately.

Does your key fob look like this longer one or does it look like this round shaped one?

Eagerly awaiting your response.
It looks like this, https://s3.amazonaws.com/rp-part-images/assets/969e4d48260bbc569d2998b31e1f62f0.jpg.
I have to press lock twice and then start

Okay, so it's not a factory installed OEM remote start system.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Okay, so it's not a factory installed OEM remote start system.

Peter
Correct. It's a Ford dealer installed unit. It's an actual Ford part installed by a Ford dealership, that Ford can't fix!!!🤬

Back