Recent content by DraG-OnZ | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by DraG-OnZ

1. D

Help On Installing SS Speed Grille On Explorer Sport...

Well I don't have any pics at the moment but maybe in the near future. The reason I changed from the old grille to the Speed Grille is because the billet grille i had only came with 2 main pieces and no side parts, and it didn't have a valence that i could order to match. But mainly the change...
  2. D

Ah its all good I finally got it installed and it looks pretty good, though I did end up scratching my paint a couple times. Oh well its done! :D
  3. D

I recently purchased the Street Scene Speed Grille for the explorer sport and today was my first chance to work on. So I started to work on it, but I've arrived at a few problems (the instructuions that came with the grille aren't that great and have no pictures). First of all I'm wondering...
  4. D

Sorry but . . .

I don't have any pictures of my vehicle at the moment, mainly because I don't have a digital camera or scanner, but I plan on getting some pictures after I lower it. Hopefully I can get around to lowering it by the end of the month, and by then I'll hopefully will post some pics! :)
  5. D

Sorry but . . .

Oh ok cool, thats sounds great because I have a 4X4 as well and I really liked how your drop turned out so I was going to do it exactly the same way and to the same degree (3" in front and 1" in the back) as you. I also want to go for the "sportier" look and not totally slam it, mainly because...
  6. D

Sorry but . . .

Hey Black Magic, I was looking at your write up on how to lower a 2001 sport and its says that you lowered the front 3" and the back 1". So I was wondering if you had a 4X4 or not, because I have heard that you cannot lower a 4X4 more than 2" without having problems. So I'm assuming you don't...
  7. D

Opinions on dash kits...

Thats why I posted the link in my first post, it has pics of the materials. Dead Link Removed But Here Are The Pics... Burl Wood Dead Link Removed Carbon Fiber Dead Link Removed Rose Wood Dead Link Removed Brushed Dead Link Removed
  8. D

Opinions on dash kits...

I was wondering everyone's opinions on what kind of dash kit would look best with the interior of a 2001 X Sport. The interior of mine is gray/silver and I was wondering which kit out of brush aluminum/steel, wood or carbon fiber would look best. I personally think the brushed would look the...
  9. D

Removing Roof Racks...

This is a question to everyone that has removed the roof racks off of their 2001+ Explorer Sports, not shaved just unbolted them and replace bolts in the holes. I was wondering if anyone has experienced any problems when doing this with leaking or any other problems. I was also wondering if...
  10. D

Question About "Sport" Emblems.

Actually I was thinking about it, I really like your STREET emblem, its pretty tight. I also like the SVT idea too, not as original but still cool. Hey I was also wondering if you knew of places that still sell the Saleen wing.
  11. D

Well it is done, I've removed the SPORT emblem. Overall I say it looks better, I personally think that the 2001+ SPORT emblem looks kinda cheap when compared to the "chrome" lettering of the EXPLORER on the rest of the truck. By removing the SPORT emblem the truck looks somewhat "cleaner", and...
  12. D

So hair dryer with fishing line will work because the emblems are just glued on? Thanks for all the help and suggestions, I think I'm going to take it of right now. :)
  13. D

I was wondering if anyone knew the best way to remove the "SPORT" emblems from the 2001+ explorer sports. I was also wondering if they are just glued on or if the are attached by some other means. Is this something that can be done by just heating the emblem and using fishing line to remove it...
  14. D

Sorry but . . .

Send the info to me as well if ya can. I've been looking to lower my sport as well but have no clue as to what to do. Thanks! :) my e-mail is: J_smiechowski@hotmail.com
  15. D

Lowering...

I was wondering what would be the best method for lowering an explorer. I have a 2001 Sport 4wd, I was also wondering what would the most you could lower it without problems be. I was looking to lower it 2-3". Thanks.
Back