Recent content by DRanger024 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by DRanger024

1. D

Wiring electric fan - A/C on signal

You lost me there Turdle. I would happily put it on a switch but I need to keep it fool proof for my wife. She does occasionally drive my X and I know she won’t remember to turn the fan on.
  2. D

Wouldn’t the fan only come on when the clutch engages then?
  3. D

So I don’t know if I suck at using the search function or what but I’m having trouble finding out where to get a switched power signal to turn my electric fan on constant with the A/C. I have a Volvo 940 two speed fan with the Volvo relay block and I’m using a Volkswagen temperature switch. I’d...
  4. D

Harder cold starts

I did notice last time I hooked my scan tool up for a cold start that it doesn’t stay in open loop very long. Maybe 10-15 seconds. That seems a little odd to me. I have a late ‘90’s Dodge pickup that stays in open loop until the coolant reaches about 160 degrees. That one runs like garbage until...
  5. D

Harder cold starts

Thanks koda, I just wanted to clarify for everyone. I'll have to double check coolant temp data before I start it next time. I suppose it's possible its reading high when the engine is cold and not dumping enough fuel. I had one of them unplugged at one point for some reason or another. IAT is...
  6. D

Harder cold starts

The battery is less than 2 years old and came out of my Ranger. It doesn’t spin any slower than it does when it’s 80 degrees unless we get down to temps around or below zero. It will start after let’s say six revolutions instead of the normal one and a half. I’m really stumped by this. I’ve...
  7. D

Harder cold starts

Anyone?
  8. D

Harder cold starts

Alright guys (and gals?), I have a ‘99 XLS 4.0 OHV that for some reason cranks over a little longer on cold starts after I changed the spark plugs/wires. After it’s warmed up, it starts like normal every time. Once it sits long enough to cool down, the cycle repeats. I’ve searched and searched...
  9. D

Rear Fender Liner

I've had two Rangers before the Explorer and both of those went well over 200k. The 2002 I had went up north to be used as a hunting truck. That was a 4.0 5-speed 4x4 with a TT and body lift on 33's, custom bumpers, Hurst, it goes on for days. My family out grew that truck. My first Ranger was a...
  10. D

Rear Fender Liner

This thing is weird. Drivers side rocker is gone, passenger side is nearly perfect. And the rear body mounts are gone. Everything else looks brand new or pretty close to it. Rear fender lips are even intact with some minor bubbling just starting. I never liked Explorers until I bought one, now...
  11. D

Rear Fender Liner

Nothing huh? Guess I'll make some.
  12. D

Clicking Valve | Which additive do you prefer?

I've never had luck unsticking a sticky lifter. Actually made one worse by using synthetic oil. Only thing that even slightly quieted it down was a quart of Lucas Heavy Duty oil stabilizer. I have, however, had good luck curing weird noises with a couple capfuls of Marvel Mystery oil. Just not...
  13. D

Rear Fender Liner

So I tried searching with no luck (here and google), as to whether or not there is a rear fender liner for the gen 2 Explorers. I'd like to have these as my rear body mounts, body side, on my '99 XLS are gone and I plan to weld in new mounts. I'd hate to see them rust out again. Might possibly...
  14. D

Cruise control servo harness

I managed to resolve this issue. Plugged in the harness from the passenger side fender and removed the one ran along the firewall as well as all of the left over wire from the old remote start. Cruise works perfectly. Here is the harness in question. The two white pieces are old connectors that...
  15. D

Help with a front end noise

Well can you describe the noise?
Back