2010 Sport Trac Limited ball joints? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2010 Sport Trac Limited ball joints?

mustang6878

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'10 Sport Trac Limited
Just put new 265/65/18 Cooper Discoverer AT2 skins all around. The tire shop said that both upper and lower ball joints have play in them. At 95 K that is not surprising to me. They said it was " about a 32nd of an inch of play"

The question I have is I wonder is this a LOT of play where I should be looking to have this done this week or is there time to save the almost 600 bucks to do in a month or two? I put about a thousand miles on a month. Looking for advice.

600 bucks? Its an afternoon job. the lowers are press in, and you can replace the upper arm with ball joint. Shouldn't be much over 100 bucks from rock auto for parts and a couple hours time. You can borrow a press for the lowers at any parts store. Did mine last winter.

600 bucks? Its an afternoon job. the lowers are press in, and you can replace the upper arm with ball joint. Shouldn't be much over 100 bucks from rock auto for parts and a couple hours time. You can borrow a press for the lowers at any parts store. Did mine last winter.

Yea, I did mine on my 03' Sport Trac 6 years ago, and it is a doable job.

But since then I have broken my neck in 3 places and my back in 4 places. I just don't have the strength and stamina to tackle it again.

Back