3rd generation Bumper registry | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd generation Bumper registry

stock fenders from an XLS

I personally liked the stock moldings and fender flares painted black. But out of the two above i like the black strip. It just seems a little naked without something there.

There will be stock XLS fender flares instead of XLT...;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1 of 2

1. rear bumper end caps - black diamond plate (done)
2. side moldings - black diamond plate on doors only or not... (not, sticking with ones in pic minus the little one up front)
3. fender flares, after and endless search, it was either modify $$$$ or just change XLT for XLS - XLS wraps under the body so some plastic is back. (Front done, rear will need modification)
4. front bumper cb mount (pending installation)
5. 2 KC squares

Attachments

• IMGA0094.JPG
    IMGA0094.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 680

2of 2 ^^

A body shop tech challenged me to make a reverse light system using this toytaz tail lamp> can it be done? Should I make a brake light/tail light from one KC housing, and a reverse light with the other housing? I won't be using the toytaz housing, just the pigtail and lights.

Seems like you don't sleep Donner! it's late and I see you here, it's early in the morning and you are here already haha
When I saw you had pics I thought you had more pics of your progress I wanna see the finished product!!!!

ha! I sleep during the day :) I got home at 10:40ish, so I'll take pics tomoro noon...

:O you're a vampire?! hehe I wish I slept better at night, it's past 2 and I'm awake, I go to work at 640 (20 min drive, I need to be there at 7), so I get up 545 I get like 3 hours of sleep?? damn....

I'll check back tomorrow @ lunch time to see what the deal is with your x

Good night!

Without out moldings on her please..

Not finished...

Still have more to do on Monday with the tails... I just don't know what to do about the rear flares. Anyway, here's the side view... need to clean up the area just about around the tip of the flare... no skid plate yet. (and the rear shot won't load. i'm working on it... ) That little emblem says X'treme... so I cut the X and there it is...

I'll post full body shots once the rear is done on Monday.

Attachments

• IMGA0096.JPG
    IMGA0096.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 628

Good job Donner, it's coming along well. :thumbsup:

Thanks... I'm frustrated tho. I want the thing done, with 285's :) (gotta split, be back)

Side moldings on the door?

Without out moldings on her please..

What if they were painted to match the body? So only the fender flares would show?

I was talking about the girl :p I actually like your painted moldings.

"moldings"

Ha! :) Have you seen the whole picture? I edited that one...

I don't know if I can post the entire thing...

I'm actually test painting a section of molding to make sure the color is right...

I haven't seen it! PM me the link to the full one haha

Here she is...

Jr's poster 1 of many :D

Attachments

• IMGA0113.JPG
    IMGA0113.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 601

She's pretty fine hhaha. Who is she?

Not sure, but the poster is taken at a distance so as not to show more than is acceptable :)

The molding color match is great... I'll paint them, and pop them on!

Attachments

• IMGA0123.JPG
    IMGA0123.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 611

Can't wait to see the moldings on the car..

I had to get another brighter paint... that one ^^ dried darker than the vehicle. I'll try it again... My neighbors are hilarious! People that never spoke before are asking how the vehicle was changed, lift, raised, etc... And the people with Exs don't ask anything, go figure... the toytaz owners are asking a ton of questions, jeep owners are giving thumbs up... it's pretty nice :) (Ford truck owners are the most talkative right now :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

additions...

from bumper light bar added; rear bumper to be lifted an inch to get rid of the gap; fender flares are on all four, however the rears need adjusting...

painting tomoro, lights to be added: 2 kc series 26; 2 generic lights; 2 kc series 26 amber fogs under head lamps. two bottom lights to go to the back...

skid plate due soon...

Attachments

• IMGA0163.JPG
    IMGA0163.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 540
  • IMGA0162.JPG
    IMGA0162.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,233
  • IMGA0176.JPG
    IMGA0176.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 548

Back