Adding on to the front bumper | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adding on to the front bumper

I wanted to get some protection for the headlights and also to help keep the weight off the front of the hood if the truck ever rolls over. The finished design will have another horizontal tube raised a few inches above the one that's already there. It will also have some struts to keep it all braced.

Attachments

• bumper.jpg
    bumper.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 802

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats beautiful... it brings tears to my eye

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After shots!!

Lets see the after wheelin pics.:hammer:

Very nice Rick, keep up the good work. You have any complaints/performance updates for us?

Happy trails!!

btt..just wondering if you were going to answer my questions!;)

Happy trails!!

Nope, no complaints at all. I decided to either leave it bare metal or have it powder coated clear. I like the way it looks au naturale :D

DSCF2900.jpg

DSCF2871.jpg

rick, did you make new rock sliders?

We doubled the width of the old ones.

very nice!

Very nice, it does look great in that color. I left my tire carrier unpainted for a week and it took one full day to remove the surface rust before i could paint it.

Happy trails!!

Originally posted by JoshC
I left my tire carrier unpainted for a week and it took one full day to remove the surface rust before i could paint it.

Happy trails!!

Believe it or not... I drove home through a 2 - 3 hour rain storm on the way back from Truckhaven and it hasn't even started to rust! Same with the cage. Even though the half doors were on during the ride, no rust!

I went to FST today with WD40 and scotch bright pads to clean what I thought was going to be a hella rusty truck and to my surprise there was none!

I love Arizona!

Originally posted by Rick
I love Arizona!

You suck:mattmoon: I guess that is one good thing about having no humity. It gets to 100% humity about every day here in WV. Oh by the way, it is now 10 degrees here!! Freaking cold.

Happy trails!!

Kinda looks like it should be in the next Mad Max flick
I will second that, but I do not think that anything in Mad Max was quite that awesome:eek: err.....or orange!

A little off topic here, but Rick what digital camera do you use for your pics. I know (at least I think) that you are a professional photographer, so I was wonderin' what equipment you are using these days...

Thanks,

Dave

BTW The grill guard looks bad ass... I would go with a herculiner coat on it (like mine :) ) I know that Gerald could help you out with it :D :D :D

I had to throw that one in the there!!! (All in good fun Gerald)

Dave

I use a Fuji S2. It's an SLR that takes all Nikon lenses and accessories.

Front bumper

Why not get it powder-coated ---clear---
Best of both worlds...bare metal look and protected at the same time.

Looks great Rick!!

Back