Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

chafing sound from front wheel

yes Ive seen the Timken, may just go all out with FORD ..but not finding the guy mentioned on here thats selling em for 100 bucks...anyway..thanks again!!
  2. T

thanku ..will definitely look into that..
  3. T

Thanks for link!.. . i hope so to, im finding hubs for 88 bucks delivered on ebay..sounds like the chinese brand to me..is there anyone on ebay you guys can recommend?
  4. T

Yes..dosent seem too bad..nice youtube video out there on how its done.. but today I spoke to my mechanic, he said look at the (think he said abs sensor) may be sticking out..he said if its the hubs I should hear a howling sound, not so much a chaffing sound as the wheel spins..
  5. T

Hello...on my 04, there is a chafing/vibration or rubbing sound coming from what seems like the front driver side wheel. The vibration can be felt in the steering wheel and is heard as the wheel turns and hits a certain spot. The frequency increases as I accelerate. I replaced both front breaks...
  6. T

3rd Row Blend door actuator replacement.

Hello..I have an 04 ..and when I set my rear vents to "ON" . I get a clunking noise from the driver side rear about where the wheel is. I believe this to be the actuator and was wondering if anyone replaced it..what information I should know before I tackle it...and if anyone knows of any step...
  7. T

04 Explorer Generic Electronic Modual location

great idea!...checked both battery and alternator and both are fine...the voltage had to of dropped..im pretty sure that had to be the reason..thanks again!!..
  8. T

thanks for reply!..Yes door locks work..no I didn't swap any relays since they are good..(tested all delay accessory fuses with test light), and all relevant ones under dash and hood. There is one under passenger side that is impossible to get to and it wasn't tested. ..but as my wife was...
  9. T

Removing Passenger Compartment Fuse Panel

hello..I realize this thread is 4 years old..but how did you remove the fuse panel?
  10. T

Can anyone tell me where this is located?..My dashboard, windows, radio and interior lights are dead, the airbag light is also flashing and I'm reading that this may be the problem..If anyone has any suggestions as to what else it may be..please let me know!...Thank-you in advance !! I just...
  11. T

Dead dash/windows/radio

Hello everyone...need some help..my wife got into a VERY minor front end collision where there was no damage to my 04 explorer, however my dash board ..power windows ..radio..are no longer working, and the airbag light is now flashing. It was a hard enough hit I guess to shut down a circuit . I...
  12. T

Differential oil question

I think this is where the importance of having the car level comes in..the more the truck is jacked up tilting forward..the more oil you will be able to stuff in there..the only way to know for sure is to measure the amount coming out..
  13. T

Thanks rumple...I'm in Florida ...does that change anything? ..the amount each gear gets is still confusing ..2 front and 2 rear enough?
  14. T

75/140 it is ..front and rear ..full synthetic ..thanks again everyone !
  15. T

Thanks for the responses ..the reason I would of like to go Ford is because I try to use original parts whenever possible..but it most certainly looks like I will be using the synthetic this time..my pos,..thats the first time I read to use that weight in the front and back...yeah im aware of...
  16. T

O.k..so I'm getting ready to change my front and rear diff. oil in my 04 with the NON limited slip option..and I'm running into so many different possibilities. I would like to use original ford oil, but I know I'm going to get hit over the head with their prices. Can someone post the best...
  17. T

04 4.0 Problems, HELP!!!

Wow...looks like you'll get it done though...I'll be towing mine tomorrow..
  18. T

04 4.0 Problems, HELP!!!

yeah thats how it looks in the book....and the reason there is no way in hell im going to attempt removing the head.....good luck..let me know how it goes..
  19. T

04 4.0 Problems, HELP!!!

good luck....I have the chiltons book...let me know if you need me to look anything up....oh..how do you post pics on this thread?..the "insert image" icon does nothing but make a funny noise..
  20. T

04 4.0 Problems, HELP!!!

yeah it was in my garage..but I moved it out, got another truck coming from up north....Ill work on it on my spare time..and learn in the proccess..If I could remove this head..than a 5.0 head on my 91 notch mustang will be a cakewalk..talk about heat?..im in s. florida!!!..I will be posting pics..
  21. T

04 4.0 Problems, HELP!!!

Good for you!..did you take off the head? ....Ford said it was the # 6 cylinder that was dead..I hope that its the case after I remove it..
  22. T

# 6 cylinder dead

Thankyou for writing back....yes, I did ask those questions and all I got was a shoulder shrug!!!..Thinking about it now i guess it is very possible to drive it on 5 cylinders..the momentum of the crank probably helped move the dead slug along at higher speed..explaining the smoother ride to the...
  23. T

04 4.0 Problems, HELP!!!

Hi Thomas.. Thanks for the link to your thread..the only thing thats different with your problem as to mine is the white smoke you have...thats usually a blown head gasket..white smoke is the coolant burning off?...the upper intake we have on the 4.0 is fairly easy to remove..I was real...
  24. T

# 6 cylinder dead

I just got my 04 expolorer back from the dealer...they said the truck had a "completely dead" #6 cylinder"..the truck starts..idles very rough..but I was able to drive it the 2 miles to the shop..if it were dead..would I be able to drive it that far?..the engine actually ran alot smoother when i...
Back