Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. janderson4010

rear transfercase half for 1350/54

I cracked the rear housing on my manual 1354, if anyone has the back half of a 50 or a 54 let me know, thanks
  2. janderson4010

New Moderator

the rumors and hype is all true, I am now the moderator for the bII forum. should be a good time, not a ton of traffic in here but I hope I can get everyone's questions answered and needs met(relating to bronco II's). let me know if there is anyting I can do to help
  3. janderson4010

1350/1354 planetary removal

How do you separate the planetary from the front housing? Does it press out or is there some kind of snap ring? I see the big snap ring under the planetary but I can't get it out. My doubler split and I think I need to replace some bearings in there.
  4. janderson4010

radiator tank explosion!!!!

I loaned my explorer out to my buddy bk his blazer crapped out on him(stupid chebbies). Anyway he went out of state and took his wifes car and she drove my explorer for a few days, so at like 9 in the evening a few weeks ago I get a call from her that the explorer made a horrible noise and all...
  5. janderson4010

a little fuel pressure regulator good times

I've got a 4.0 ohv in my BroncoII from a 92 explorer, its a great motor in a little bII and I've been really happy with it except an intermittent stalling issue i've been having. I use this thing for some pretty serious rock crawling, and occasionally it will start to sputter and stall on me...
  6. janderson4010

BroncoII cage

building a cage for my BII, i'm posting it on my build thread bt I thought I would also post it here. Using 1.75x.120" DOM, with a few pieces being 1.5", like the seatbelt bar and some of the gussets. This is what I've got so far, I bent up my b pillar with 2 8 deg bends about 17" up from my...
  7. janderson4010

axle truss

I run a d30 for the time being and I needed to truss the axle, so this is what I came up with last night, took about 3 hrs to build and I think it significantly stiffened the d30 axle tube. 3" .25" wall tube split with the plasma cutter, clamped onto the axle tube, I welded the...
  8. janderson4010

clutch problems in my 92

just brought this junker home last night, its destined to be my wifes dd, and possibly our mild wheeler. I traded it for a honda with bent valves that I wasn't ever gonna do anything with. it has clutch problems, I know that the slave cylinders on these are notorious but usually and...
  9. janderson4010

my sliders and rear bumper

its on a bII but I need to get out of the bII section and meet some new people on this site, I did the sliders by cutting up to the upper body line on the lower part of the body if that makes any sense, here are some pics. I welded the 2x4" square to the body and then ran 4 supports...
  10. janderson4010

injector o ring installation

I replaced the upper intake gaskets on my 4.0, its out of a 92 explorer so no egr valve. question is there a specific way to put the injector orings in without tearing them all to hell? im on my 2nd set of orings and 5th time taking this thing apart in 2 days. Ive tried putting them on the...
  11. janderson4010

bronco II 3link d30 sas

swapped in a tj dana 30 using rustys offroad 4.5" coils springs on ballistic fab adjustable coil buckets set 6" ahead of the normal coil bucket mounting location. links are 2x2x.25" square tubing with poly bushings from ruffstuff and trailgear creeper joints on the other end. custom fabbed link...
  12. janderson4010

need some help from the 4.0 experts

hey guys ive been a member for a while here but I lurk around on the BII forum, cause thats what i drive. i recentley started a 4.0 swap on my BII and ive run into a snag. I have all the wiring connected and everything, but I don't have any power to the FP relay, I have 12v on the pin in the...
  13. janderson4010

The 4.0 Swap was chump change compared to this - Look inside...

Ive finally gathered all the parts I need to swap the 4.0 that ive had sitting in my garage into the BII. Here are the particulars; 1986 bII with 2.9l and 5spd Mazda trans. 1991 explorer 4.0 and M5OD trans and bw 1356 tcase So far Ive pulled the motor trans and tcase out of the exploder...
  14. janderson4010

time to swap the tranny i guess

So this is hilarious. The battery on my honda died the other day so I fired up the bII to jump start it, just making sure it gets started every few days since I don't drive it anymore. I fired it up and was holding the clutch in in 4low, 1st gear, I put it in neutral but when I let off the...
  15. janderson4010

have you guys ever heard of...

someone using a 2.9l ignition and injection on a 4.0? does the intake manifold bolt up? i see on my recently pulled 4.0 that it has a spot for a distributor that is just covered up. anyone heard anything on this? maybe i had to many beers when i thought this one up but hey might be an...
  16. janderson4010

clutch

I promise i searched thoroughly before posting this question. so I'm gathering pieces to swap the m5od into my 86 BII which i believe has the fm146, my question is on the clutch, I'm going with the ex flywheel and clutch set, but what slave and master should i use? I'm hoping i can use the BII...
  17. janderson4010

decisions decisions

so i picked up a 92 exploder as a parts rig for my BII. im pulling the m5od to replace my fmwhatever that's going the way of the dodo. question is this, should i upgrade to the bw 1354 right now or wait until i put the 8.8 and d30 sas in? pros are stronger case but cons are i gotta change the...
  18. janderson4010

pulling my hair out

Hey guys, Ive tried a lot of things to fix this problem but it hasn't fixed it. my bronco will bog out and die when its hot outside, this will happen usually 15-20 minutes or so after i start driving it. sometimes if i hold the pedal to the floor when it starts to do it it will come back out of...
  19. janderson4010

hey there guys

hey this is my first post of probably many on this site, glad to be here! my question is this, I have a 86 bII with the 5spd and the 2.9 timebomb. I want to do a sas into this rig and I got a dana 30 out of a cherokee really cheap. my question is this: why do these axles have upper control arms...
Back