Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Intermediate steering shaft

I have an intermediate steering shaft that I purchased some years ago for my 2002 4.6 that I never used. Wondering if anyone on here is looking for one. Came out of I believe a 2004 that was wrecked early on. Thought I would ask here first before I put it on line. I paid around $75 US for it.
  2. D

Puddle light

Anyone know who might supply new puddle lights for my 2002 EB. Tried to remove the one on the passenger side to replace the bulb but the 20 year old plastic lens just chipped off a bit. Before I go any farther I thought I would ask as I cannot find them on the web. Sure I would have the same...
  3. D

Leather Dyes

I am looking for information on the availability of leather dye to touch up the seats in my 2002 Explorer. I can find sites that show color samples and names but is no good to me if I cannot determine what the name or number of the two tone seats that are in my vehicle. Just too many similar...
  4. D

Running Boards

Just wondering if anyone has ever installed running boards from a 2004 to 2010 Explorer on to a 2002 or 2003 Explorer. The drivers side on my 2002 is severely corroded and the only ones local to me are from the more recent Explorers and are all plastic without any steel. The bodies are all...
  5. D

Parts availability

Just wondering if anyone has had issues obtaining parts for their older Explorers. Watched an automotive show the other day and they were commenting on how a lot of manufacturers are only supporting their vehicles for 10 years with replacement parts especially electronics. Sparked my interest...
  6. D

Static current draw

Does anyone know how much current draw there is from the battery when the vehicle is not running? I have had the battery go flat a couple of times in the last couple of weeks. The first time I can understand since it hadn't been started for three weeks but the last time it had only been a few...
  7. D

coated rear rotors

Just replaced the rear rotors on my 02 and after adjusting the parking brakes I am not happy with the results. Seems that the coating on these rotors comes off and sticks to the parking brake shoes. I did clean up one side (shoes) with sand paper which seemed to improve the performance. Will...
  8. D

Intermittent higher idle 4.6

My 2002 explorer occasionally has a bit higher idle when coming to a stop requiring me to have to hold tight on the brakes. When I release the brakes the vehicle will immediately roll forward. As quickly as this symptom happens, it is gone the next time I stop. The increase in idle is not very...
  9. D

Steering shaft

Does anyone know of a source for the small shaft that connects the column to the rack that has the universal joint in it. My searches have indicated that it is a dealer only item and they want $600 for it.
  10. D

Windshield wiper problem

Came home in the rain tonight in my 02 Explorer and the wipers started acting up. When on intermittent they immediately go to half sweep and stop, nothing more. If I put them on steady slow or fast speed they work fine but will not park when turned off. Before I start trouble shooting the...
  11. D

Rear end gears

Is there an easy way to find out if the rear end on my 02 eb is an open type or otherwise. I could probably call the dealer with my vin # or jack it up and spin the wheels too find out but was hoping that there was some indication on a label or similar. Mine has developed a slight seal leak...
  12. D

Mice

Has anyone ever figured out how the @%$& mice get into these vehicles. I have spent considerable time trying to find out without success. I have even filled the vent holes behind the rear lights with steel wool. Still keep catching them inside the vehicle and it is parked inside an attached...
  13. D

Ball joint boot

Does anyone know if you can purchase replacement boots for the ball joints for a 2002? I can find them for the earlier years but not for the 2002 and later. I have very low miles on mine but they are just starting to crack. I am doing other work on the front end so I thought I would address...
  14. D

CV joint boot damage

While inspecting the front drivers side wheel bearings and axles to determine the source of noise I discovered a round hole in the outer edge of the outer CV joint boot. My attention was brought to this from the grease that had been flung out in the area. This is not the normal cracking that I...
  15. D

Mice in 2002

Has anyone ever found out how the mice get into these vehicles. Three years ago it cost my insurance co. over $2000 to the strip the interior and repair the damage. The mice still ocasionaly get in when parked outside. I am tired of having to have traps always set in the vehicle all the time...
  16. D

daytime driving lights

Anyone know where the daytime driving light module is located on a 02 Eddie Bauer. This is a Canadian vehicle. Mine is intermittent and would like to find it to troubleshoot to repair or replace.
  17. D

4WD problems

On my 2002 Explorer I have trouble getting it to shift manually into either low or high. The light in the switch will just flash indicating that it has not engaged. Sometimes when it goes in it will not diss-engage. Eventually when the vehicle has been running for some time and is completely...
Back