Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

AC troubleshooting

My AC is blowing hot. So I went to add some 134a. It was already full of Freon wouldn't take another drop. Compressor didn't kick in at all. Is my compressor bad? 94 Sport...thanks.
  2. F

Sitcoms' 1999 Explorer Sport 4x4 SOHC v6

I don't blame you there. When I had that '97 I didn't fully understand the problem with the chains.
  3. F

Sitcoms' 1999 Explorer Sport 4x4 SOHC v6

I feel you on that death rattle. I had two 99 Sports and one 97. The 99s held up well but that damn 97 let go about 3 months after I got it. Put a used SOHC in it and that didn't even make it out of the shop the chain snapped. Put one last one in and sold the crap out of that. That broke me from...
  4. F

94 Spooort

It's definitely a connection issue. Hitting bumps is maddening lol. When I begin working on it I'll try to get pics and a write up going. I'm going to be relocating soon so that's taking priority for the time being.
  5. F

94 Spooort

Thanks man. She runs like a dream. It has about 180k on it. The seats were a clue to me as well. It has the basic buckets in it. It needs some cosmetic love mostly but it's nothing too bad. There's an electrical gremlin causing an annoying crackling in the speakers. I plan to do a full restore...
  6. F

94 Spooort

Does anyone know if Ford built Eddie Bauer Sports with 5 speeds? I'm asking because I used a VIN decoder and it said this is one of them but I'm having doubts.
  7. F

94 Spooort

Hello everyone! I'm Patrick. I've been here since 2010 but not active for several years. The X-bug bit again so I'm getting back into the swingset. I found this '94 Sport on CL for a good price and I drove it to the house. So far the only thing I've done to it is put a bushing kit in the trans...
  8. F

Tim's '93 Sport

Yes that joker was 100 feet wide lol. I'll get them back up asap. I'm going to make a new thread here and post them.
  9. F

Tim's '93 Sport

Crap! Well I learned how to post pics lol. Idk why it's so damn big though!
  10. F

Tim's '93 Sport

11. F

Tim's '93 Sport

Took a few snaps of it. Downloaded photobucket app onto phone. Gonna try to put some up. My Sport looks a little different than a normal one lol...
  12. F

Tim's '93 Sport

Love your Sport bro! I came really close to getting one just like it a couple of months ago. The guy told me it ran great. I drove 4 hrs one way to check it out with cash in hand. Got there and he wouldn't let me test drive it. Needless to say I told him to shove it. I found a 94 on CL a week...
  13. F

4 inch lift?

Why did you switch from Duff to Skyjacker coils? More flex?
  14. F

Duff lift

TTB front axles are notorious for alignment problems. And the higher you lift them the worse it gets...
  15. F

Shifter pin

Rockauto sells them. Shipped for $15 and change. Part #OES917-551 .:thumbsup:
  16. F

My Custom Explorer!

Nice stance and colors...
  17. F

Duff lift

Yes I'm aware of the TTB gremlins this is why I'm going mild. My nephew has a 96 Bronco jacked to the sky on 44s with the D44 TTB. It's a nightmare setup...
  18. F

Duff lift

I'm hoping I'm posting this in the right place. I'm making future plans for a mild lift for my Sport. 2-4 inches. I went to Duff's sight and couldn't find Explorer lift kits. IIRC they once had them on their site. Did they stop making them? Also could someone in detail explain the 2 in skyjacker...
  19. F

window seal removal

Thank you friend
  20. F

window seal removal

Thanks brother. Do you just pull up on the seal to release the clips? I noticed on the rear part of the seal its bolted to the door itself. This is a Gen 1 Sport to clarify. I just got it and the seal touching the glass is mangled some.
  21. F

window seal removal

My outer window seal on passenger side door is messed up and it's scratching the crap out of my window. It has somehow gotten bent up and split exposing the metal inside. Can someone tell me how to remove this seal so I can repair the damage? Pics would be super if possible. THANKS IN ADVANCE
  22. F

Back again

Pics will be posted ASAP and thanks.
  23. F

Back again

Hello folks! I'm back after a long absence from Explorer land. Good to be back. Just purchased a 94 EB Sport and I'm looking forward to chatting and learning from the ultimate Explorer guys...
  24. F

idle issues...

My 88 B2 idles funny. When I press the brake pedal it idles higher. Was told it was the booster going bad. Put new booster on and it did'nt help. Any more ideas?
  25. F

1995-2001 explorer model choice

I'd go for the 96...my two cents...best of luck.
Back